arrow_upward
Relationship without Sex
Hello everybody,
so there is this girl I really like, but there is one Problem. She is asexual.
So being in a relationship would mean to maybe never have sex again. So I thought: "Could I do this? Could I become happy this way?"
Honestly I don't know.
So what is your opinion? What do you think? Could you be in a long term relationship without sexuality?

Can i ask a few question about your relationship?
First how are your feeling about her and do you know how are her feeling about you?
Do you know why she became asexual, or atleast when did she realize that
and while she didnt have intrest in sex, what about other physical activity like hugging, cudling, or kissing?

[+] 1 user Likes tulalit's post
Take the advice you get here with a grain of salt. We dont know you, we dont know this girl, and we dont know your feelings (regardless of how much you may explain them). Only you can say how you really feel going forward with this.

But since youre asking... Imo, it sounds like sex is a need for you, as is for most people. Regardless of other forms of affection (hugging/kissing/cuddling as inquired above), sex is still something you want in a relationship. Its no different than other needs in a relationship whether it be alone-time, date-time, travel distance, language, etc.

That being said, i wouldnt recommend pursuing this relationship. There is no way to compromise. Masturbating will leave you unsatisfied and might create frustration, unrest, stress, among other things. Asking her to do sexual thinga is wrong. Cheating to get sexual satisfaction is wrong. Its like pursuing a relationship with someone who has different goals or dreams. For example, you wanted to settle down where you are and she wanted to moce abroad to settle down; one of you has to give up on your goal.

You can purpose something like a non exclusive relationship where you can stand for that person in a sentimental way, and with anothers with an exclusive sexual way, cause the love and the sex are different concepts, and, if you want to start a relationship with an asexual person, they need to understand that you have sexual needings the same like they have their sentimental needings.

So i personally recommend to think about a non exclusive relationship with that person before.

Quote:

That wouldn't work for me, because Sex and love aren't seperated for me. So even if she'd be ok with it, I'd fall in Love with the "sex-girl" or it would not fulfill the desires of having sex with the person I love.

I personally don't believe that she's asexual, she probably just told you that.

I couldn't do it, I need sex. Don't go for it

I personally don’t mind either way

Quote:
If she masturbate, can't you be like
" honey, want me to help you masturbate with my penis?"

[+] 1 user Likes tulalit's post
Yeah I wouldn’t do it, seems dodgy

Not having sex really isnt that big of a deal, you can just jerk off

I've heard that some asexuals are happy with just pleasing their partners to make them happy, even if it doesn't necessarily do anything for them. It'd be different if the person was repulsed by it and didn't wan to to do it though.