arrow_upward
Replaying Old Games
Do you replay old games from your childhood to relive past memories or gain a retrospective? What's your most memorable game that you wish you could replay or have replayed and were disappointed? There are plenty of issues with replaying old games and a major barrier to entry is that old games simply cannot run on modern hardware, there are ports and passionate fan bases that release compatibility fixes and patches long after even when the developers have gone defunct, GOG (Good old games) is a good vendor that provides many old games with patches and fixes to run on modern hardware. Many people also are adverse to the graphics or other quality of life issues, personally I can't revert back to non WASD style gameplay and the inability to remap controls is an issue for me as well as being unable to play windowed mode. How many of you replay old games, I know there are some people that replay games annually as a tradition. Does anyone have any formerly fond memory of games that was actually disappointing when you replayed it at an older age?

[+] 2 users Like kailar.drevion's post
I spent like 400 hrs on my first playthrough of pokemon emerald lmao

do it all the time...play old rpgs like chrono trigger Smile

I recently replayed the original Paper Mario, emulated on my PC with an xbox 360 controller, and it was a good time. However, there was the jankiness of the port, but the real issue for me is that the mystery is gone. I always know what's coming and how to handle it. That's what made fames like Fallout 3 so much fun, you could go any direction and run into all manner of adventure. I wish I could erase my memories of what happens in those games and enjoy them new again.
[Image: nwqOn.png]

[+] 2 users Like whoisthejellyman's post
Isn't there a something on Twitch to watch these old games?

Paper mario is good but super mario rpg on the snes was even better, imo

Playing the old  pokemon games on an emulator is the best of both worlds. loads of nostalgia but you can up the speed and fly right through it

The Pokemon games have probably the lion's share in this. I restart and refinish routinely Crystal, Emerald, Diamond and Black, once every year.

Suikoden I and II for me, love them

When I'm feeling nostalgic, I'll launch an SNES emulator and boot up UN Squadron... Amazing game, super difficult!

You want super old school? Look up Zork: The Great Underground Empire, super ancient text based game.

skyrim would be an good oldie

played warcraft 3 and its expansion again bc of this lockdown. really happy to see that the community is still making maps and campaigns for these

Is this the non-leaks section? This contributor level thing is very confusing...