arrow_upward
Russia-Ukraine war effect on GPU prices
I've been waiting nearly two years to rebuild my PC because of inflated GPU prices. Some people are saying that the Russia-Ukraine war may cause global supply chain issues again. At the very least, chip manufacturers may use it as an excuse to avoid having GPU prices return to normal.

Do you think that prices will continue to decrease, or start increasing again?

The one concrete piece of news I've read is that Ukraine make a large % of the world's neon and neon is used in the chip manufacturing process. I'm not an industry expert so I don't know the value % of neon as a. Manufacturing input. But this is certainly bad news.

I don't think it will have much of an effect. We would have seen any negative effects by now if there were any.

Now's a good time to buy, there's a slight lull in the prices if you see the trends. What are you running on now and is it worth it to upgrade?

Currently running a GTX 950... looking to upgrade to a 3060 Ti, 3070, or 3070 Ti. Not sure if it's better to just wait for the 40 series, or buy now. No telling what will happen with prices and availability for the 40 series, so perhaps it's best not to wait.

No effect at all. Just price of oil and food, has nothing to do with GPUs.