arrow_upward
Shameless (US) VS Shameless (UK)
I'm wondering on what people's thoughts are who have seen both series?  Usually I am a fan of the Original VS the Remake, but in this case, I find the US version is awesome.  Only other show I've felt was better remade while being decently close to the original release was Wilfred.

I'm usually a fan of UK series that inspire US ones, but in this case the American one just does it better.

[+] 1 user Likes Martin Mac's post
William H Macy as Frank seals it for me in the US version. He just embodies his dirt bag character so well and consistently for so many seasons. He has to be my favorite lovable scoundrel of any series.

us > uk haha^^ i like it

I will have to agree with the above, the US show is stolen by William Macy. I also feel it does a good job portraying being a poor and busy household in America. In essence, those of us (like me) who grew up in poor busy households feel like Fiona, and the different personalities make the show way more cohesive. I will have to Warn you about the later seasons, though. It does tend to get stale after Season 7.

I've always wanted to see Shameless UK but never looked for it, started a weeks ago and I'm on ep2 s04 and I'm enjoying it due to it being original to reality accents , as I watch them without subtitles the first season took me a while to understand the speech, still I got the hang of it, and it already got in to me, Instead of saying "my dad" now I say "me dad" xD
I can't say which version is better, but I'm betting into the UK as it is unique so far and very helpfull if you want to live in the UK and get a hang on some new words and pronouciations.

I've only seen the us version.