arrow_upward
Should i upgrade
I currently have a 1050 ti, and its serving me well, i dont have much money rn, but if i could save, should i upgrade it, if so to what?

[+] 1 user Likes Daveu_'s post
I would say stick with Nvidia because of your familiarity and comfort with how they work. From all reports so far a 3000 series might be a good upgrade, but I'd hold out for a few more months till a year as all the different products launch and we get more reviews and prices drop a bit. I currently have a GTX 1080 that's running great, and I will definitely be waiting.

The main thing I've always heard from LinusTechtips, Tech Deals, (youtube channels) to Tom's Hardware, PCMagazine and PC World is if you have a video card that is performing well with the games you currently play, the videos you are watching, the browsing/streaming that you do, then the best thing to do is wait for the new hardware to sit and mature on the shelves before you buy, if you have an option to wait a bit. As the R&D people and the third-party developers, get all those first help reports and compatibility issues from around the world, and they work out the bugs and even re-build new factory designs. Like they just discovered that some of the capacitors that originally shipped in the first wave of 3000 series cards caused interference and bad video, especially when trying to overclock... Not to mention all the driver and software issues the first year.

My EVGA 1080 FTW2 card actually came out months after the original 1080 FTW and it had a whole new design to fix cooling issues and a bios patch to allow for a higher power that the people who bought the first FTW couldn't trade-in for or get any exchange to (with the only compensation being a thermal tape repair kit if you could prove your card was overheating). And most companies even good ones like EVGA put those customers' complaints in that's the risk for early adopters column just like now that there are better 4k monitors 2021 the first buyers of 4k don't get a free upgrade to a new much better monitor.

I'm currently looking closely at the 3070-3080 reviews/benchmarks/future releases leaks as they come out and possibly even hoping a 3080TI might be in a somewhat reasonable price range with all the competition from AMD. Or hell if they're Truly proven to be better cards that can do ALL the things I want in a video card, I'd even go with one of the new AMD Big Navi cards... At

RE: Should i upgrade.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Should i upgrade.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

I agree with realkane. Don't upgrade unless you need to/

[+] 1 user Likes jackoryo's post
Yes and no, the question is what do you need ? For me even a 750Ti would do (im a 3D hobbyist) for the most case, i said no to 2k or over 60fps gaming due to my screen refresh rate.

How much does a good set up
Cost?

around $1500-2000

new is always better

If you're happy with it, no need to upgrade. If you decide to upgrade, I'd personally go NVIDIA, since most of the new tech like DLSS, raytracing, machine learning etc. is just more supported on them, if that's something you care about. For example a lot of machine learning software like video upscaling etc requires CUDA and thus won't (easily) work on AMD. Also I'd go straight for the 3000 series. Aside from the raytracing etc., the RTX 2000 series wasn't that much of an upgrade over the 1000 series, whereas the 3000 series is quite a leap forward.

Depends on how much $ can you save. Of course it's always great to upgrade GPU but if 1050 works fine for you then I'd stick with it till you really can spare money on new card.

I find gpu upgrades always should come second to CPU/ram IME