arrow_upward
Should i upgrade from a 1070 to a 3070?
Im currently only using a 1080p 144Hz monitor and don't plan on upgrading as i only play competitive FPS games. Is it worth the upgrade for games like CSGO/Valorant?

[+] 1 user Likes johnnycotton29's post
Probably not. A cpu would probably help more for competetive games.

Depends on the rest of your computer. They're pretty expensive right now

A cpu would probably help more for competetive games.

For csgo and valorant what fps do you get currently? If its more than 144 fps then its a waste of time upgrading.

What Software would you run ?? btw if you have enough money , just do it.
otherwise , i support that DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR GRAPHIC CARD .

With the prices increasing, I'm not sure if it's a good time to upgrade. I have a 1000 series as well and it's faring well despite some high temps here and there and the inability to have 120 fps in more recent, demanding games. But it does it's job really well I'd say.

IMO if you can find a 30XX card at a reasonable (non-scalper) price then definitely go for it, and then just resell for profit if you regret it later
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

I think yes, NVIDIA is so good to get upgraded

Depends. I think that a CPU upgrade will help you out a bit more than upgrading gfx

You need to post the rest of your specs so people can give you a good answer.

Probably not the best moment for gpu upgrade. The costs are high, there's not many and you should probably look for a cpu, not a gpu. This is because a gpu wouldn't really affect the gameplay noticeably.

if your not planning to go 4K or UHD any time soon, it's probably best to wait. either that you you could pick up a older model cheaper

not at all. definitely invest in a cpu, plus 3070s are fairly tricky to come by

IF you only play those games and you get 144fps, buying a 3070 is throwing money out the window, especially in this climate where the prices are obscene.

A 1070 is more than enough for those games. I have a 1070 but diagnostic tools show me that my cpu is what bottlenecks those games.

If you're playing just those games you shouldn't have any issues for the next decade on a 1070. 3070 would be for whatever is coming out this year and for the next 4/5 years. If youre experiencing performance issues that are causing stuttering you might wanna check your CPU or your drivers.