arrow_upward
Sims 3 Vs Sims 4
Personally, Sims 3 is a clear winner to me.

[Image: XWfTAu.jpg]

Sims 3
Pros
Open World without loading screens within the same world map. Switching to other world maps like World Adventures of course still loads. The open world map was just huge with tons of lots and so many random things to find around the map.
Create A Character had tons of options. With custom content, there are so many options and combinations, then multiply that by being able to edit the colors and patterns easily within CAS, and the options are limitless.
Moods/Goals had been refined enough by now after Sims 1 and 2 that the moods worked perfectly and it was easy to manage a sim. Goals gave great rewards that add little perks or items that weren't really game breaking (unless you were able to save a ton of points).
Cons
Memory sinks
Lag on lower end systems
Crashes from over modding
Sims did NOT look like the advertising

Sims 4
Pros
Creating a home is really smooth and streamlined with the Sims 4 builder. Layout a room, extend it, and redecorate it all very easily with the new tools.
Sims look really cute/better in this version and CAS has more body sliders natively.
Cons
Switched from Open World map to neighborhood maps. Not only does this take away from the tons of customization of the world and other lots, but this makes the game feel really tiny and forces loading screen when traveling to other neighborhoods.
CAS outfits aren't as interchangeable and colors are preset.
New moods aren't perfectly predictable and not as "real". I'm not trying to be flirty when talking to sibling...

I'd love to hear if anyone else has thoughts on the Sims (any version). I know Sims 3 isn't perfect, but it's my preference. I can't wait for Sims 5, and hope they bring back a Sims 3 style open world.

I'm open to other interpretations on these games!

[+] 2 users Like xbonenot's post
Haven't played any Sims game for ages, but your post made me want to try it again. Maybe i'll check out Sims 3 when I get some free time over Christmas!

[+] 1 user Likes illiaden2's post
i like sims 4

[+] 1 user Likes Alex Randy's post
I dont really care for SIMS 4 idk if its just the newer updates but I feel as if SIMS 3 was more user friendly. Just my opinion tho

[+] 1 user Likes reeb9ki's post
My understanding was the The Sims 3 was considered the best. My GF who plays more then I do agrees with that anyhow!

Havent tried sims 4 but you know what would be great... a sims 3 remastered ? and even if they cant do a remaster, just a polished version with a modern settings menu and layout, that would be enough for me

Sims 3 system is better and contents are more thought through than Sims 4.
Sims 4 does have better graphics though.

never played sims should i try them out?

Agree, Sim 3 is GOAT

yeah, ts3 was way better

Sims 3 for sure

Sims 3 for me is the best

Sims 4 is better

Sims 4 has some amazing mods that make the game so much better