arrow_upward
Some thought on the forum
So, I am a relatively new member around here but wanted to share some thoughts on the forum. I generally like the forum and appreciate the work that the mod team is doing without putting ads on the website or other bullshit like that, this post will be filled with criticisms that need attention in my opinion.

• First of all, some technical issues. I have no idea if the things I am going to list are supposed to work as they do, so if I will say something stupid, forgive me. 
  • I cannot report people under in the content threads I created, just get a message that I do not have access to the post or something like that.
  • When copying text from somewhere without pasting it as a plain text (if I create a content thread of the same structure as the previous one) the post becomes filled with font and style description text until the text is either retyped or stripped of formatting and remastered.
  • I cannot rate leaks after I purchased them with credits, the same message about access pops up.

• The limitation of using private messages is perfectly sensible, but I would propose making them available after reaching a certain reputation or contribution level. It just makes communicating with anyone else on the forum privately rather annoying due to the use of chat apps or email instead of having it all on the forum.
  • What exactly does the contributor score affect?
  • Besides replies, is there a way to actually change the content of the thread after it is posted (change a picture, add info or modify the title)? 

• Secondly, I would suggest making the interface of the forum a little more user friendly. By that, I mean the access to various pages that are connected to the account. For example, I am only aware of only one way of seeing my own reputation page, by going to the post I made or the thread I created and clicking on the number itself. I could not find access to that page in setting, profile page, or anywhere else. I mean, that is a pretty useless page as an example, by the same goes for the drafts page and some other elements. I would propose making some sort of the dropdown menu or expanding the existing 4-section one with more pages that might be of use.

• Oh, the most annoying thing. The shitpost. Even though the rules say that meaningless comments are prohibited, 99% of leaks section comments is just annoying shitpost of "good stuff, thanks mate" type. Tens or hundreds of freshly created accounts that participate in shitposts and go inactive when they get 10 credits for the leak they wanted to get. I do not really know what to propose, but that behavior is incredibly annoying.

• Also, I would see some rules about thread formatting introduced. I myself come from Russian forums and trackers where there are strict rules about content leaks formatting. I would propose a rule that one has to list the number of files and their type, the total size of the content posted, and its composition. Also, in the case of only fans and other websites with similar content, the time period that is covered is pretty important. Just today I was posting some stuff I had and there was already a post with the same performer, but I did not know what type of content it was or what dates it covered. Also, as a person purchasing a link, it would be rather helpful to know what exactly is inside. Here is an example of what I am talking about (yeah, a portion of my own post on the left, humblebrag, also the example of a bad one (in my opinion) on the right reducted not to point fingers):

• [Image: ex.png]                                                       [Image: ex2.png]

• Also, I would propose (and even contribute if needed) the creation of a new FAQ section that would describe the formatting. As of now, the only way to know that one can create a gallery, [megalink], or other types of links is to go to the forum updates section and go to the relevant thread. I think it would make more sense to create a new section with all the relevant information in one place.

• Again, I am very grateful to the dev and mod team for what they are doing, do not take this post as a spew of hate or disrespect, I just think that some changes are really needed. Also, English is my second language, so I am sorry if something I wrote is not grammatically or stylistically correct. To the person who likely will moderate this inquiry and respond to it, thank you for your donation. I do not really care about the credits and post just because I feel like sharing, but the gesture was greatly appreciated.
Telegram - @rick_techkin
DO NOT ASK ME FOR FREE LINKS

Thank you for the very well thought out post. I have contacted our dev who will respond to this as well while I draft out a response.
Please read the FAQ's before you message me.
leakedbb.com/faq.php
Message me if you have any issues with the forum

[Image: bde77860ca7faa1f89ec9c4c3771efcb.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes Lucifer NightStar's post
First of all my sincere apologies this took so long, but I have been away from the site a while as I caught Covid about 2 months and was not working

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote:
  • I cannot report people under in the content threads I created, just get a message that I do not have access to the post or something like that.

This is a bug that is being addressed as I type this. This was implemented to stop people from fake reporting leaks as broken. We were targeted by (maybe a group of) people who reported over 100 links a day as "Broken" even when they worked. 

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote:
  • []The limitation of using private messages is perfectly sensible, but I would propose making them available after reaching a certain reputation or contribution level. It just makes communicating with anyone else on the forum privately rather annoying due to the use of chat apps or email instead of having it all on the forum.

I have passed on my recommendation to Lucifer

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: What exactly does the contributor score affect?

It's an algorythm that determines how contributive you have been to the forum. Basically have you just been spamming in an attempt to get free Links, (which is why it was implemented), or are you a member that wants to be in active participation of this community.

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: Besides replies, is there a way to actually change the content of the thread after it is posted (change a picture, add info or modify the title)?

Editing was disabled for regular members because in the past it was used to "Farm Credits" and even in some rare cases, post vile content without the Site Admins Noticing. All new member posts are moderated, to avoid this and editing was being abused. Just like twitter, we do not allow edits, report it to be deleted, and redo it. We are open to new ideas on how to deal with it.

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: Secondly, I would suggest making the interface of the forum a little more user friendly. By that, I mean the access to various pages that are connected to the account. For example, I am only aware of only one way of seeing my own reputation page, by going to the post I made or the thread I created and clicking on the number itself. I could not find access to that page in setting, profile page, or anywhere else. I mean, that is a pretty useless page as an example, by the same goes for the drafts page and some other elements. I would propose making some sort of the dropdown menu or expanding the existing 4-section one with more pages that might be of use.

I will be making one or two changes to highlight this.

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: Oh, the most annoying thing. The shitpost. Even though the rules say that meaningless comments are prohibited, 99% of leaks section comments is just annoying shitpost of "good stuff, thanks mate" type. Tens or hundreds of freshly created accounts that participate in shitposts and go inactive when they get 10 credits for the leak they wanted to get. I do not really know what to propose, but that behavior is incredibly annoying.
Welcome to the bane of every forum, spam! We did not have a Contributor system in place. That was an anti spam system. EVERY USER is told, when they sign up, that if they just make meaningless posts to get credits, the Contributor system will block them, YET MOST OF THEM STILL DO IT! It's literally the first message they receive, instantly on signup, yet they all ignore it. Every day the mod team removed 100's of posts because of this and thats just a minute fraction. We are open to all sorts of anti spam ideas so please, if you can think of one, let us know, hell we may even give you a reward.

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: Also, I would see some rules about thread formatting introduced. I myself come from Russian forums and trackers where there are strict rules about content leaks formatting. I would propose a rule that one has to list the number of files and their type, the total size of the content posted, and its composition. Also, in the case of only fans and other websites with similar content, the time period that is covered is pretty important. Just today I was posting some stuff I had and there was already a post with the same performer, but I did not know what type of content it was or what dates it covered. Also, as a person purchasing a link, it would be rather helpful to know what exactly is inside.

This would be GREAT! But currently we have only 1 basic rule in place.

Quote:All Leak Threads MUST have a preview

Yet by my estimate, 60% of users do not even bother to post a preview pic. Looking at your threads, you are an Excellent Poster, but many people will nor comply, and doesn't that just mean they will stop sharing content.

(07-10-2020, 09:36 PM)LULZ ZLUL Wrote: Also, I would propose (and even contribute if needed) the creation of a new FAQ section that would describe the formatting. As of now, the only way to know that one can create a gallery, [megalink], or other types of links is to go to the forum updates section and go to the relevant thread. I think it would make more sense to create a new section with all the relevant information in one place.

If you'd be willing to make a comprehensive FAQ, I'm sure Lucifer would be glad to pay you for that with probably Bitcoin or something

[+] 1 user Likes LeakedBB Dev's post
Quote:Yet by my estimate, 60% of users do not even bother to post a preview pic. Looking at your threads, you are an Excellent Poster, but many people will nor comply, and doesn't that just mean they will stop sharing content.

Quote:Welcome to the bane of every forum, spam! We did not have a Contributor system in place. That was an anti-spam system. EVERY USER is told, when they sign up, that if they just make meaningless posts to get credits, the Contributor system will block them, YET MOST OF THEM STILL DO IT! It's literally the first message they receive, instantly on signup, yet they all ignore it. 
Well, first of all, thank you for your kind words. Secondly, I think there is a decision that needs to be made by the administration. One way is to concentrate on quality-oriented posters, users who respect the rules, and owners of premium accounts. Another way is simply chasing the number of users and growing the popularity of the forum. Both ways have their own upsides and downsides, but honestly, I would go for the first option without hesitation, however, it is not my decision to make of course.
You mentioned that spam will not lead to achieving their goal, however, most of the people who register and start shitposting are here for one or two leaks which they can get before banning since they only need to post 10-20 posts. In my opinion, the only way of stopping this is either increasing the number of posts required for a credit or removing this way completely. Maybe, the credits could be distributed for each (arbitrary amount) reputation points (since it is much harder to spam the rep gain), for increments of contributor score (maybe a system of benchmarks, like getting 50 credits once you reach a 100 contributor score or some scaling system), and/or replies into one's thread (arbitrary amount of replies for a credit or something). Even though these criteria will need balancing not to inflate the economy, I think they are clearly superior to simply giving a credit for each post.

Quote: If you'd be willing to make a comprehensive FAQ, I'm sure Lucifer would be glad to pay you for that with probably Bitcoin or something
I will be happy to help with updating/rewriting the FAQ or creating guides for people on posting rules, formatting suggestions, and only fans siteripping if needed. I have no need for credits, but I also don't want to demand any kind of payment, so I will leave it to his discretion. 

In Russia, where I am from, there is a saying "don't bring your set of rules in a foreign monastery", so I do not want to seem pushy or demanding with my ideas. Please tell me if I am behaving in a rude way or providing unsolicited advice.
Telegram - @rick_techkin

Quote:Thank you for the very well thought out post. I have contacted our dev who will respond to this as well while I draft out a response.

Have any thoughts on the discussion?
Telegram - @rick_techkin