arrow_upward
Sport GOATs (Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Pele, etc)
I've discussing a lot with my friends about all this GOAT thing in sports, I think people are scared of putting some new generation players over the old schools, even though they might be better than them, for example, Lebron and Jordan, I think both can be the GOATs(sounds contradictory I know) of each generation, Pele is another example, for me he is the GOAT but definetly he wouldn't be that good if he was playing nowadays compared to Neymar, Messi, etc, I think they are from different  generations and each of them deserve merit

[+] 1 user Likes anon3301's post
The GOAT of any sport ever is Michael Phelps and there is no way to argue otherwise

[+] 1 user Likes yloponom13's post
GOAT arguments will always be. Like how no one in baseball can compete with Babe Ruth or otherwise. It's hard to make those comparisons, except at the basic statistical level.

I think the term goat is a mythical title
The goat doesn't exist as it's too subjective and multiple guys have a legitimate case. So I prefer to say tier 1 or tier 2 all time greats. LeBron, Jordan , Kobe are tier 1. Guy like Barkley, Dirk are tier 2

i wanted to argue but i vant.  you are correct!

The goat of football is messi not pele

gretzky has all many records, but crosby will be up there as one of the goats

There are too many eras in sports for there to be a GOAT for a single sport. Plus science keeps advancing and changing things