arrow_upward
Thoughts on The Boys (Amazon)
So I recently finished The Boys s1 and 2 and I gotta say it's a p solid show. I feel like it was a little overhyped but it was still a decent show. The fight scenes were very weirdly cut, hard to keep track of what was going on in some fights. Homelander is my favorite that guy is absolutely insane lmao 
What are some of your thoughts?

will watch it now

All my friends are such big fans of this show, it's all they would talk about for a little while. I decided to give it a go and just couldn't get into it... I even tried the whole first season. Is the second season any better?

I like it so far, definitely liked the second season more than the first. When I watched the first season, I felt like it was more about deconstructing the idea of superheroes and it kind of fell flat. The second season was definitely more about commenting on real society, and I thought it was much better because of it. That said, you probably won't like it as much if you don't agree with its politics.

Love the show, cannot wait for the third season, if you want more supplements, go check out the comics. It's not a long running issue, I think it only lasted a few years.

Great funny show

Fun, cool exploration of superheroes, from this to Invincible to MCU/DC, etc. there is a lot of stuff to enjoy for superhero fans these days.

Great show with great characters

The most unrealistic part of that entire show is Starlight wanting to date that dork who looks and acts like he probably has a Leakedbb account.

[+] 1 user Likes hellojohn's post
I liked both seasons, there were definitely some dry areas. Definitely gets mixed feelings from other friends that have watched it. Overall I think its just a semi refreshing take on the superhero genre (which has obviously been done to death recently with Marvel, DC etc). Interesting/different take on the idea of villains in the genre. And the whole: the superheros are really just celebrities that spend more time doing doing PR stunts then actual superheo stuff, is an interesting modernisation of older themes.

It definitely was overhyped imo. A lot of bro culture that almost made it a turnoff to watch

I really love this show but I wish they’d find out a different way for these people to threaten each other that isn’t blackmail

Still better than Marvel