arrow_upward
Thoughts on W3Schools Online?
Someone recommended this site due to it's enormous categories where you can learn from. HTML, PYTHON, C++, C# and so on. Do you have any free alternatives like this one?

W3Schools has always been a great quick reference for me. My school even referenced them during my courses. Codeacademy has cheatsheets which is similar. I also use Stackoverflow but they are usually specific coding questions.

[+] 1 user Likes gobcarmicheal's post
it isnt too bad but i keep on having to switch to different sites for specific problems

[+] 2 users Like pnnrr's post
I used it to learn the basics but nothing more than that

Well, put simply: If you can already program (meaning: You know what an if/for/function is, and have an idea what HTML is, and why it isn't a programming language), you'll use it as a documentation/manual to check it - even though for this kind of stuff I recommend MDN (Mozilla Developer Network, or somethin' like that), because I personally found it more useful.
If you have no idea of programming, or web-dev, it will give you an overview.

If you want to get into web-dev, it would be more suitable to look for video-tutorials about html5, css and javascript, to see what it is like. learn the basics

W3School works better as quick reference/manual... If you want full courses to learn something new, a very useful site is freecodecamp. Check also their youtube channel, full of very good videos

saved my ass dozens of times

It definitely is not as bad as people like to say it is. I think its got some great information for basic use cases and a good learning tool. I think where it falls short is best practices and often leads people down the wrong way of doing things in the long run, but it is a great resource if you are trying to look up basic info on how a topic works.

I used ist frequently while learning PHP but also used some different websites in addition

To my knowledge W3Schools has not had the best reputation for reliability and can have some pretty outdated content at times. I personally prefer to stick to other sources such as reading stackoverflow and similar threads, developers.mozilla and manpages of the thing I am using.

its nice, also check out freecodecamp, its good

Good reseource for JS atleast