arrow_upward
Thoughts on cloud gaming?
With services like Nvidia Geforce Now, Google Stadia, or even Steam Cloud Play. What are your current thoughts on the state and future of cloud gaming? Is it something that will flop or do you see it having a future that will continue to grow. At the very least, I really do think that Steam Cloud Play will continue to develop as it is basically running your own games off of your own machine just somewhere else.

I still feel the technology just isn't there yet for it to be a viable option for most gamers

I did beta test the Nvidia Geforce now and thought it was pretty decent for what it is. Other than a few stutters here and there it was good. The Google Stadia however, felt super rushed and was not really a finished product when they released it.

So I have been using Microsoft's cloud to play games on my phones/tablets in their preview. I have to say it's amazing. Yes there are restrictions and yes it sucks in a moving car with bad reception. However waiting for a car repair and playing halo is awesome. Also works if you cant steal the tv.

It’s cool, but not quite where to needs to be for it be a truly viable option for most people.