arrow_upward
Toys
As a collector, iv come to realize that not everything is really priced what it seems. Whether it's Bakugan, Pokémon cards, or even Skylanders, at a time where everything is resellable,  you can never know when you accidentally stumbled upon some gold. For example, Bakugan has a special design type called diamond, where they basically make the Bakugan just clear. I found a three pack of diamond bakugan for maybe 25 bucks, and it's market value is actually more like 60. It's pretty crazy. If you ever see something you feel like could be rare or weird, it never hurts to do a quick search and you could make a couple extra bucks.

But for me personally, I'd rather let a kid or other person just get that at a normal price

Value is subjective and in economics price level increases with high demand and low supply. It's counter intuitive with collectibles because in the past people just disregarded freebies thus making it rare to have pristine examples and for wealthy nostalgic people they'd pay high sums for it, contrasting that with the Beanie Baby craze where many people were investing in the next collectible this counter-intuitively creates a huge supply and now you can basically buy Beanie Babies for slightly more but probably much less if you factor in inflation. Basically, enjoy what you have, and consider if using up living space and not enjoying what you bought for potentially a ten fold gain decades later is worth it for most items.

[+] 1 user Likes kailar.drevion's post
Damn those throw me back