arrow_upward
Underrated games?
What are some of the games you feel are underrated/were rated badly that you enjoyed? For me it was Watch Dogs and Cyberpunk, I extremely enjoyed my time with both games despite the glitches and visual glitches and I definitely think both were critiqued a bit too harshly

[+] 1 user Likes Irishman's post
I actually liked Thief (2014) and yes I've played the entire series. I also enjoyed Hitman Absolution which got more hate than it deserved as well it wasn't great but not completely terrible as people made it seem, I also played the whole series. The positive aspect of the criticism from Absolution was it brought us Hitman (2016) which was pretty amazing, but remember that people also criticized Hitman Blood Money but compared to Contracts it did have a weaker story. I think like most things people dislike change and new things, then nostalgia glasses may cloud people's judgment, but there are some games where the originals definitely surpass any new iterations especially when the creative direction starts going off the rails.

[+] 1 user Likes kailar.drevion's post
Prey (2017) is wildly underrated, wasn't big when it came out and still isn't, but everything it does, it does it superbly well, can't recommend it enough

Bioshock 2 always seems to be the black sheep in the family

I also agree that cyberpunk 2077 was critiqued to harshly. Another game that I loved that was criticized was fallout 76, but I understand that games hate a little more. Either way, I’ve been enjoying it since launch

[+] 2 users Like FergusonJon76's post
The first Witcher game. Many people just jumped on the 3 game but didn't give number 1 a chance. its such a good game. better lore and feeling then Wild hunt.

[+] 1 user Likes nibberty43's post
Watch dogs was rly rly fun but the game was just kinda buggy imo, like story and concept were good but the execution was eh

Total war series

I think Battlefield Free to play was a very underrated game. Its a shame they shut it down...  Sad

Dead cells is good