arrow_upward
Weight loss
Anyone have any good recommendations on losing weight? For starters, I weigh 265lbs and am exactly 6 feet tall. I cancelled my gym membership because of covid, but honestly wasn’t using it that much even when I had it. I’ve been trying to cut down on carbs and have been trying out a high protein diet. I’m not a runner because my knees can’t take it, so I mostly walk. In my younger days, I used to rock climb but haven’t done that in a while. I’m mostly looking to get some good information regarding what types of diets worked for some of you out there who successfully lost weight. My problem has always been trying to keep the weight off. I’ll occasionally lose about 10 to 15 lbs, and then end up gaining it all back. Anyone have any diet tips that are realistically doable?

[+] 1 user Likes Homameno's post
Hello 
I understand your problem i went through the same. 
For me it helped to reduce my carbs by eating less sweets and by only drinking water. So dont drink stuff like coke or something else. Dont be too strict with yourself. If you start your diet soo intensely it quickly happens that you have little desire to stick to ist and you fall into old patterns. So my advice is to start slow. Its a process.
But the best i could do was go running. Now that you have problems with your knees i recommend swimming. Swimming is very good for your joint. Also swimming does not burn that many calories it still helps you losing weight and not damaging your body. 
Going to the gym Is not the best idea because glucose stores are used up first and fat reserves are only used up during longer training sessions. 
Hope I helped you a little. 
Sorry my english is not the best 
Have a nice day and good luck

[+] 2 users Like Heinrich87's post
keto seems to work. But honestly I did lose more by doing stuff at home that any diet plan

[+] 3 users Like ROSALIEDURHAM26's post
Try using my fitness pal to log your calories, see what amount you are regularly eating, then slowly reduce your calories week by week to create a deficit

[+] 1 user Likes zigzaddy's post
this are all great suggestions so i can't add much. what i will say is that you should take photos to show your progress during your weight loss. being able to physically see your progress will be a great motivator. also, remember to take the pics at the same time, usually before a meal, because your weight fluctuates throughout the day

hope this helps a bit, good luck