arrow_upward
What’s the most money you’ve spent on food for just yourself? And what food was it!?
I’ll start: I spent about $130 and got two servings of buffalo wings, gravy fries, a brisket burger and a chicken Parma. Was a last meal before dieting and I have NO REGRETS. Ate that whole bitch too....

That's the most expensive meal I've ever heard of for it being that small! Damn.

For me:
Eating out - $35
Groceries - This changes almost every week as inflation is a bitch right now.

I will say 200 dollars trying to make a genuine pho soup ?

Quote:I will say 200 dollars trying to make a genuine pho soup ?

Pho doesn't require $200, it's mostly bone broth, and time, but if you're cooking at home then it's not going to require the same amount of time it takes (smaller pots, etc). If you ate out then it's different, but from the context it sounded like you tried to make it... assuming you're not buying pots and pans, etc, I can hardly see it being $200 to make genuine Pho, I did it on a ~$50 budget.

Mine was at a steakhouse, around $250, an eleven meal omakase that was $300, and a dessert tapas place for $100. Fun experiences, don't do it often (you can't) but I recommend people to try.

Yep that sounds expensive for a "small" meal (relative to the price) but I might totally have done the same if I were you. What you had sounds great!!!

Hmm the most I've spent on food for myself is probably going for a buffet at a fancy hotel. Think it was around ~$70 or so. Only once though!

60$ on pasta!  Tongue

Quote:Hmm the most I've spent on food for myself is probably going for a buffet at a fancy hotel. Think it was around ~$70 or so. Only once though!

I hate hotels for this, it's always at a premium. I had sushi at a hotel, I was still hungry after the fact I had paid $40, was it worth? No, but I craved sushi and didn't want to spend a fortune. The pros? They carved the fish right in front of you, so if this is not your thing, don't do it I guess.

I pay 100$ for a burger with good cheese

Quote:I hate hotels for this, it's always at a premium. I had sushi at a hotel, I was still hungry after the fact I had paid $40, was it worth? No, but I craved sushi and didn't want to spend a fortune. The pros? They carved the fish right in front of you, so if this is not your thing, don't do it I guess.

Eh, aren't buffets supposed to be all you can eat? That's the case for every buffet I've eaten at and know of in general.

For me, buffets generally aren't worth it since I'm a picky eater and I usually can't eat my paid amount's worth since I get too full before that. I go just because of family/friends etc.

Quote:Eh, aren't buffets supposed to be all you can eat? That's the case for every buffet I've eaten at and know of in general.

I have never been to a hotel with sushi buffets, they're usually premium sushi bars.