arrow_upward
What MiDi Keyboard should i buy?
Hey, do u know some good MIDI Keyboard? Should I just buy with USB or XLR and connect this with audio interface like Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. Is XLR really give me big improvement in MIDI?

hey man I think you might be a bit confused here, midi and xlr are two different types of signals. Midi is a non-audio digital signal whereas xlr is an audio signal. So midi controllers would not include xlr outputs! That being said, there are a lot of great midi keyboards on the market like the AKAI MPK Mini, Alesis V49, and Korg Nanokey

[+] 1 user Likes panickingfornoreason's post
oh, ok but what with second part? 1st connect to audio interface or directly to pc?

You can just go straight into your pc. There's no need for an interface because the midi controller isn't outputting an audio signal. If you have strictly a midi controller, it likely wouldn't even have a midi output and instead would be meant to connect directly to a pc via usb. The only time you would need an interface is if you have an actual keyboard instrument like a Yamaha MOXF6 that actually outputs audio signals. A MOXF6 could be connected to a computer via XLR or MIDI through an interface.

[+] 1 user Likes panickingfornoreason's post
Seconding the Alesis V49 midi keyboard recommendation, been using it for a couple of months, it's great.

[+] 1 user Likes suzukits50's post
Akai MPK Mini II, works for me