arrow_upward
What are people's thoughts on the situation with the US and Iran?
I'm not super into politics so I don't have much to say on the matter but was just wondering if anyone else had any opinions or insight to share on the matter regarding the recent event with the US and Iran

It's pretty nuts to be that aggressive towards Iran, when we're already in how many wars? Those wars have cost us so much money (in the trillions, and note who's getting rich off of it) and lives (thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc). The last poll on the subject of being millitaristic towards Iran had like 16% favorability, not that Washington much cares what we think about things anymore. Getting back to Iran... so we kill that general, and then turn around and say if Iran retaliates we're going to retaliate back, perhaps in a disproportinate way. You think they are just going to take it without responding? And we're the victims in all this apparently. Just wow.

If you ever decide to pay attention to politics, be super wary of any mainstream media. You have to look into who they are funded by and why they might say certain things, and talk or not talk about certain topics. Your best bet at getting any kind of facts and who admit to bias upfront is online media, like some YT shows, and some international media.

war is wack keep the peace

I don’t agree with the idea of us being at war again when we’re already and have been in plenty ourselves but as for the killing of General Qassem, I’m not even mad at it, he was a terrorist who when I asked many veterans said and I quote, “he was a terrorist who had deserved what was coming to him and it was long overdue.”

i just wish that people would leave people alone and not be corrupted by power, money, greed, pride, envy etc.

For the people who are saying that the general was a terrorist i can agree but dont forget that he was fighting ISIS helping iraq and Syria he was the only hope thats why iraq started supporting iran instead of USA , when ISIS was just started US didnt want to help until 3 month when they already took most of syria , am not good in politics but how did trump order the strike without running the decision through the Congress

I hope those in Trumps cabnit are part of the 23% who knows where Iran is on a map, unless they will send a missile to each location people think they are

[Image: ny-voters-find-us-map-a-third-a-quarter-...story.html]

Iran did exactly what they needed to do. They knew that if they actually hit US troops they'd be fucked! But they took a blow when their general got popped.

Oh and trump is too trigger happy. He should atleast attack subtly smfh

WW3 incoming

not too sure why it had to be done, but hoping for the better future

As history has taught us, War is never the answer

i wish there could just be peace everywhere

luckily it deescalated

i dont think anything too crazy will come of this situation

buyoo Wrote:I'm not super into politics so I don't have much to say on the matter but was just wondering if anyone else had any opinions or insight to share on the matter regarding the recent event with the US and Iran
Glad things have calmed down