arrow_upward
What are some Christmas traditions that are just done in your family?
My family has a couple of traditions that are peculiar to us I think and I was curious if other people out there have stuff of their own. We always got crappy gifts or gifts that missed the mark as kids so my espouse and I decide ourselves what we want our partner to get us and then give each other the money for their gift. I know it isnt as romantic but the satisfaction of knowing you are getting exactly what you want is pretty good. I have talked about this with other people and they find it kinda boring or strange. The other thing we do is we open our big gifts on the 24th and then we have another load of gifts on the 25th. This is a result of a merge of her family opening gifts on the 25th and mine traditionally doing it on the 24th. We figure double gifts was a more fun way of doing things than one year her and another my way.
What are some Christmas traditions that are just done in your family? If you dont celebrate christmas then what are traditions that just your family does related to other things?

[+] 1 user Likes copperhusk's post
We sometimes try stuffing the ham inside the turkey for our christmas dinnner, kind of like the turducken

The youngest member of the family gets to put little jesus in the stable on christmas day. Before that he is kept somewhere else. Another thing is that we eat some traditional fried cod every year as starter.

Not a very exotic tradition, but it’s know that every single member of my family (A very large family) will reunite together at a camping like area, unfortunately this year seems like made this tradition shatter.