arrow_upward
What is the deal with the 3060 Ti having the same benchmarks as the 2080 Super?
I got a 2080 Super for $800 around a year ago. It is now roughly the same price as it was, and meanwhile, this bitch, the 3060 Ti, comes in at less than $500 with nearly the same benchmarks, but it's newer. WTF? Should I sell my 2080 Super used and get a little bit of money back for the newer GPU?

New technology. GPU prices are awful right now, so you might be abke to get a nice return on your 2080. It might take a long time before you can grab a 3060 TI though.

Most likely just old chips with a new name, same as the RTX 2070 and GTX 1080. If you can pay less for the same graphics card, go ahead!

There's more to it than benchmarks. Some things you probably won't use that the card provides. Seems like the main difference here is power usage. The newer card going to use less power.

less power is the main thing honestly it makes the cards run better

Toober1 are there any games or things you need from a 3xxx series card? Are you content with your 2xxxx card? Every year they make bigger and better shit basically.

Just think how much the 1080 TI was compared to the 2080 TI.

The 2080 Super is a good card! If you aren't in a rush, just wait for the next year for the 4xxxx or the year after for the 5xxx Big Grin

Gotta stay content during these terrible times Big GrinDDD

technology will alway move forward in this industry.
the question is does this work for you and does it perform what you need it to

The new 3000 series cards are built on a new architecture (Ampere), which I'm sure contributed to a sizable performance boost over Turing.

The 2080 Super was basically beta testing for NVidia Smile