arrow_upward
What is your go to headphone setup?
For gaming, for work, for music - what do you use for headphones?

I use airpods for work and music, but it would be nice if there was one option that would work for all three. What is your setup like?

i'm using a DT 770 Pro for gaming and music, works good

[+] 1 user Likes Shiraya's post
Do those have a mic?

no they don't, it's a monitoring headset but still work fine for gaming

External DAC with any good pair of headphones (beyer, AKG etc) then a separate mic is the best option for sound quality

[+] 1 user Likes dac24's post
I use the Skull Candy Crusher over ear headphones. They can be used wired or Bluetooth. They are comfortable to wear for a few hours at a time and the noise canceling is pretty great if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative to Beats.

I just have my apple earphones haha, dont need one of those expensive ones

I don’t know what they’re called but some sort of led headset lol idk the brand

I use the same headphone set for gaming and for work: hyperxcloud II. Seems to be pretty comfortable. For music I like my bose quietcomfort 35

I just use wireless turtle beaches for my Xbox and they work great don’t need anything crazy

With online school being a large part of education now, it may be beneficial to invest in some nice headphones that are comfy to wear and provide good sound. I currently have the Beat studio 3s. When I bought them a couple years ago, it was between those and the Bose 700 series. I chose the Beats because they were about $50 cheaper. I was impressed with the Beats sound for a little, but then I realized that the Bose headphones are much better. My girlfriend just bought the Bose 700 series and I love them. I haven't worn them a lot, but when I did, they were more comfy, sound quality was better, and the noise canceling was great. I think it depends what you want to use them for, but if you are serious about sound and comfort, and you have a bit of extra money, go with the little higher price. Bose is a great brand and I wish I would have bought those instead.

[+] 1 user Likes Kirk Kirk's post
Getting a good headphone setup can be quite the investment. I'm running an open back sennheiser HD 650 with an O2 headphone amp DAC. I like open back headphones because you can hear whats going on around you so people won't break your windows without you noticing. Bad part is that people can hear what you're listening to. Another plus is my ears don't get hot and sweaty like with some closed back designs after hours of use.

[+] 1 user Likes mcusers1's post
This is helpful. Thanks! I've heard good things about Sennheiser.

I prefer earphones because they don't make my ears sweaty after prolonged usage

The sony mx4s are great in my opinion. Great for commutes and working from home