arrow_upward
What kind of skills do companies look for in interns?
Wondering what I should be focusing my time towards in order to increase my odds of landing an internship.

Depends on the field you're looking into, if you're coming right off of college then analytical skills, etc will get you into the door as an intern. The thing is, most companies will teach you all that shit, so it depends if you're going to make it through the interview process or not, and that's it.

For females: blowjob ablities and hotness.
For males: the ability to work as a slave. And the tendency to say, "thank you sir, may I have another?"

Internships vary wildly. The last one I had was with a government agency, so it was decent.

By Federal Law, internships have to be a non-necessary job, and have to be the corporate equivalent of doing this out of the goodness and kindness of their heart. It's not supposed to be beyond full time at any point. So if you end up doing bitch work 60 hours a week, then you need to contact the USDOL, and file a complaint.

Mostly OOP and data-structure / algorithms.

Similar to what's been said above, you don't need to know programming language/framework when starting as an intern, everyone knows you still have a lot to learn. I would say work on things like learning git and some design patterns, and most importantly put up and work on some open source projects on github to show you're keen.

I agree with^^ unless your cs or ee

OOP, Design patterns, advanced skills on git. Good culture and a submissive slave kk

[+] 1 user Likes kogw5808's post
depending on your level already id say something like cracking the code interview is very useful, if i recall it also has an intern section. But basically it will give you a pretty good all around approach to interviews. thats on the technical side. And you know, they will want to see youre a team player/normal person etc

Generally for interns I've looked more for personality/ thought process/ willing to learn than technical skills. You need to know enough concepts like synchronization with mutexes or oop principles but interns are there to learn that so it's not as big of a priority as much as interest/culture fit/attitude etc imo