arrow_upward
What program do digital artists use?
When creating concept art like this 

What program do digital artists use?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on What program do digital artists use?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

What program do artists use? What equipment should be used?

[+] 2 users Like EphraimWinslow's post
In general, most artists will use photoshop. It's something most of us are used to, its avaliable everywhere and most studios have a subscription already.

Other than that, it's a fair game between other softwares and even Ipad Apps these days, but photoshop is still the "Go To" software for this kind of stuff.

EphraimWinslow Wrote:When creating concept art like this [SEE LINK IN POST #1]

I use gimp, but a great deal of my work is utilitarian - web graphics, software icons, etc

it has most of the core functionality of photoshop but i've heard from others that it's not as easy. as far as I'm concerned either suite has a pretty steep learning curve and very active communities.

for 3d modeling you use blender or maya 3d, photoshop is the most popular drawing platform for other types of art

For digital painting MyPaint is pretty good and completely free. Good place to start if you have a tablet.

Photoshop is the industry standard, but I have a friend that also uses and prefers Affinity

Krita because it’s free, also photoshop. Or illustrator for vector work, like for designs or logos.

They use things like paint tool sai, thats a good program

Yeah paint tool sai for actual drawing and a decent tablet, I use a pretty old wacom intuos but it works fine still. For image editing or something that doesn't involve drawing I use photoshop.

Alright, if you do read this- you had a good day?

Next what are you drawing? That will determine which software to use?

What are you drawing with? do you have a watcom tablet? or are you using a mouse or another device

Now- if you are making a logo stick with Adobe illustrator. This tool works with vectors instead of pixels which means you can enlarge it with no change in quality (you can't see blur or pixels).

If you're drawing artwork, painting etc. USE PHOTOSHOP- get used to it. Watch tutorials and you'll never look back

Maybe you've decided you want to do 3D models- thats okay, just use DAZ3D

gimp and photoshop

Ive always used adobe illsutrate. Gimp. Blender. And occasional photoshop or adobe draw.

EphraimWinslow Wrote:When creating concept art like this [SEE LINK IN POST #1]

I've seen editors use photoshop and outcome are similar

Hello my friends

Hello everyone

You can also try 3D modeling with Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max. The software may cost a ton, but if you're a student, you can opt for an educational license that basically gives you free reign of all the software without paying for anything. Only small downside is some features are kinda omitted but you can still learn a staggeringly considerable gist of the software. You can use them for a limited time. When I say "limited time" I mean, for how long you estimate you're going to stay in your current institution. IIRC you can opt to extend that license.

This thread has been really informative and super insightful. Thank you all for your details, perspectives, and sharing your personal experiences!!

Some also use Procreate on tablet devices too, but mostly its just WACOM and pts

Photoshop / Illustrator

Most digital artists have a Graphic Tablet. I'd say that's an indispensable tool when doing computer assisted art.
The obvious first choice of software would be Photoshop and Illustrator, and even if Photoshop is still a must-have program, I find software like PaintToolSAI to be much more flexible and easy to use.
Clip Studio paint is also an uncontournable software, I heard about it all the time.

Mainly Photoshop