arrow_upward
What was the most surprising movie of 2019? (in a good way)
Title.

For me it wa the Korean movie Parasite. I advise everyone to watch it. It already had good ratings but it was even better than i expected. Best movie i have watched in a long time.

[+] 1 user Likes frankwhitee87's post
most surprising? probably alita battle angel. mostly surprised at how it wasn't horrible lol

Uncut gems for sure, such a great movie and had me all stressed along the way aswell

for me is ad astra because the ending was surprisingly looking for nothing in space

FreakMans Wrote:Uncut gems for sure, such a great movie and had me all stressed along the way aswell
I really want to see this one.

did not expect star wars to be so bad

Hustlers. Was expecting a cheesy/slightly gritty movie about criminal strippers. But J.Lo went IN on that movie. She wasn't the only good actress in the movie but she really stood out among the rest.

joker was great

Kinda expected Joker to be another garbage dc mess, but it was really good

alita battle angels usually hollywood adaptations of anime like ghost in the shell, dragon ball etc end up bad, this one isactually good

frankwhitee87Title.

For me it wa the Korean movie Parasite. I advise everyone to watch it. It already had good ratings but it was even better than i expected. Best movie i have watched in a long time.
went into knives out with no expectations. Enjoyed it and never found myself bored

[+] 1 user Likes Alexeats's post
For what dc s been releasing lately joker was really good, was expecting another cheesy superhero movie. Def not dissapointed.

Ready or not.

Not into much horror/thriller movies BUT I was really surprised how good it was. Perfect blend of thriller x comedy.

Definitely Parasite. Phenomenal movie, probably my favourite of the year. This was was incredibly strong movie-wise and Parasite still feels easily top of the year.

I didn’t expect Joker to be that god damn dark. Unrelenting seriously. Great film though

frankwhitee87 Wrote:Title.

yessss this movie

Parasite, hands down. Very much deserved its oscar

Have not seen Parasite, now that it has won so many awards guess I will give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation

I didn't watch a lot of movies but in my opinion I was truly astonished by 1917. The very long cuts made the scenes all the more suspensful, it was the very first movie I've seen in cinema that I went out still having a bit of my drink and snacks left, which is usually gone by half the film.

Parasite was so good!