arrow_upward
Which indie game influenced most?
portal created a whole new type of game

i am not big into video game history so i would like to hear ur opinon

I don't fully understand what you're asking but the videogame industry has never really been dominated by "indie" games. That is a construct in the past 10-15 years based on the rise of mobile gaming followed by game stores from XBox and Playstation that offered indie games for sale.

Most influential games have been HUGE games and the early days of gaming had lots of companies that would be considered "indie" I suppose.

BUT relevant to modern times, I'd say the most influential INDIE game is "Minecraft". It has not only spawned tons of followers in the same blocky style but demonstrated how an indie game environment could be successful and how a sandbox concept was hugely important to gamers.

Also, "Counter-Strike" technically isn't "Indie" but it was a mod that completely revolutionized shooters and if you play Call of Duty now, you owe it to the popularity of Counter-Strike for proving out the popularity of shooters AND networked shooters.

fall guys kappa

Yeah, if u are asking games that create a new way of viewing and playing, creating a sub genre, they are a lot
I dont really get what ur asking
What is indi for u? And what do u mean by influence

If you mean indie games that really broke the mold, as cringe as it is to talk about you have to talk about Undertale and everything it did for indie games. Once you g t past the fanbase, you have yourself a game that has you take responsibility for what you've done and change your perspective on games in general

[+] 1 user Likes hnrblack's post
jump king taught me dedication haha

I have to agree about Undertale. Even If it isn't as popular as Minecraft (which obviously also had a great influence), I feel like it spawned a lot of new plot based games, that had a similar approach to your actions.

[+] 1 user Likes PPeasant413's post
Minecraft for sure
Look at how big it is.
Most influential modern game by far

[+] 1 user Likes jbob612's post