arrow_upward
Who watched the Mars Rover Landing?
What did you guys think about it? I am pretty excited about this one as they have more HD cameras this time. I'm looking forward to the footage of the landing. It'll also be the first time we have audio from Mars apparently, which is cool!

[+] 3 users Like reptar4's post
it was pretty cool. It will be interesting to see what the rover can find.

[+] 2 users Like mirandaaa's post
Agreed on what it can find. Need to watch it tho unfortunately did not get to yet  Shy

[+] 2 users Like KEk keK12's post
I did. Always hav been interested in the space stuff lol-

[+] 2 users Like BluKlappin's post
Doge to the moon lol

[+] 1 user Likes bm-999's post
I hope one day we can live on mars

[+] 2 users Like barry420's post
It was awesome to see !

[+] 2 users Like CarLeaks78's post
I did. The positioning of the Rover is in an extremely good place this time as well, so hopefully the data collected will be more worthwhile. However I do hope more concentration is placed on larger scale missions going forward as rovers are fairly limited in what they can actually do

[+] 2 users Like Azaj1's post
I didn't watch it but i am really happy that it made an successful landing and going to stay there for 1 mars yera (684days) we are going to get some cool info about mars.

[+] 2 users Like Rusf11's post
I did, but clearly with the wrong people.^^ They complained that it was a simulation, not a live feed (yea...) and acted smart-arse because there was sound when none should exist in space (true, but... without sound it's boring and, also, Mars has an athmosphere so there was sound at some point?).

Ended up shutting in and that was a far greater moment.^^

Also, to build up on Azaj1's comment, I think the craft was supposed to re-analyse live data for its landing to make do some IA assisted adjustments regarding the landing spot. Might explain part of why it was so promising.

[+] 1 user Likes DennisArtart's post
I thought it was interesting how we didn't really know what happened until 11 minutes or so from when it actually happened. Pretty cool to be able to repulsively land on another planet with different variables that we can't easily test without on our planet. I think the parachutes types only ever got tested once. The better video feeds are going to be awesome to look at to.

The drone that comes with the rover I am also looking forward to seeing run. That data will be pretty fascinating.

It was breathtaking to see another planet like that

i did, cant wait to go to mars one day

Was pretty cool

Seeing the rover land on Mars in real time on YouTube.... mind blowing

I didn’t get to see it live but WOW in post was it gorgeous

The future is now! Hoping this garners more interest in space and technology! Would love a new space race

I didn't but I wish I had seen it live. History in the making right there, unfortunately I didn't even know when it was touching down.