arrow_upward
Will cinemas and theares make it past Covid?
just wondering everyone's opinions on what will happen to movie theaters now people have realized watching movies at home isnt so bad

I really don't think they will which makes me sad as I enjoy going to the theater with my friends. If the current strategy from Warner Bros works where they are offering their movies in theater and through HBO Max most likely all other studios will follow suit.

some theatres have opened, but some movies are released at streaming platform like Disney+, Netflix, or HBO MAX.

the sensation watching movies at theatre is different from watching them at home. especially the sound quality.

I still think that theatres gonna make it past covid since its hotspot for several stuff

There will always be people who want to go to the cinema, so doubt it will disappear.

they definitely will

all the big name theaters will be good. all the lowkey local ones will be toast lol.

I think there will always be a place for theaters.  Even if they temporarily go out of business, someone with money will by them up again.  Some of them have too much history to just let go to waste.

Most likely some will. But there will be a shift to block buster movies coming out on streaming services.

obviously many people continue to go to the cinema, but for some years now the streaming platform is getting huge

Yeh they will but i feel like digital home releases are gonna become more mainstream in the years to come

At some point people will be able to go to movie theaters again. Maybe the current chains will disappear but theaters will continue.