arrow_upward
Xenophobia from covid?
Has anyone actually seen or heard story of xenophobia/racism for themselves? there are a stories on social media and the news but wondering if it's actually the media just trying to get views

No its definitely a real thing thats been going on, heard it both in person and second hand from asian friends. Racism has been on the rise in general and this is just something else for those people to target.

100% but the degree at which it happens really depends on the area. If you're an observant person and you see a person of Asian descent look around and you're bound to see a person being fidgety or looking panicked and trying to get as far as possible

seems to 100% be a thing. I've heard stories from multiple people and it's actually causing me to stress out when I have to go grab groceries and stuff (I'm of Asian descent)...not the greatest of times...

[+] 1 user Likes hybridhunter's post
A lot of people have been racist against Asians at the beginning which I found really stupid

Maybe that can happen

Haven’t seen any in person yet, but I did see it on the news.

Friends asian coworker got beat up because she was asian

sure it happens

yea and it sucks for them. But cant really blame them... they rather be safe than sorry

[+] 1 user Likes jasonmack's post
What kind of dumbass thinking is that?? Can't blame them for racism because they'd rather be safe than sorry???? How the fuck is being a racist making them safe?

only heard it through socials

There's the recent news about China calling it racist to call the virus Chinese. Which is stupid since Wuhan is ground zero.