arrow_upward
achieving flow in fighting games
This thread is for anything related to finding your flow in fighting games

Fighting games obviously require a lot of mental effort. You are constantly trying to think one step ahead of your opponent, and often times you get tripped up in your own head. Let me know your tips on how to get over your own mental barriers!

Personally, I feel like listening to classical music while in tournament sets helps me achieve flow.

[+] 1 user Likes macshackattack's post
My tactic when playing against a friend, cousin, brother, an online game, is to play without responsibility, to learn from defeats, to play for fun just never out of obligation to show the other that you are better than him, be confident, talk during the the game helps me, it distracts me and does not make me tense and nervous, I always win all of my family and friends but victory and defeat are momentary, fractions of seconds that determine victory, a simple mistake can cost victory, and lastly spending hours in training rooms, getting the most out of the game, helps me to be confident that is, without fear

I set myself to fight a bit at its highest setting every time and watch my ass get kicked over and over as I watch it perform combos. Noting them down I set the bot to the lowest level (basically standing) and try using the same combos that kicked my ass on a progressive level, going up in bot difficulty once I feel comfortable performing the combos until we’re back at the highest difficulty and able to counter and win, of course it’s not always. But it’s nice to analyze and learn the little things that give an edge