arrow_upward
data analyst
Are any of you guys data analysts as career paths? I really want to break into this field as I believe it's interesting and want to ask how you guys did it. I'm currently in accounting, whats the best way for me to break into this path?

i also interesting in this career path too. but i dont know how to start to learn it

[+] 1 user Likes oxfordz's post
See if there's any classes at a local community college or something. There may also be online programs where you could get a certificate. Then you have to find a job in the field (probably entry level to start).

Do you mean data analyst like data scientist? Or more excel and dashboarding type stuff? Either way there's lots of good growth prospects, and heaps of material available online to help.

really good skills for this job market: data analysis, data visualization, and showing you can make decisions based on data. try stuff on youtube/skillshare/coursera

I think you need to figure out what you exactly want to do as a data analyst. Do you want to lead data direction? Consult on which algorithms to use? Make dashboards? Once you know what niche, finding the skills to learn are fairly straightforward

Make sure you like it first. Test out some classes. For me it’s boring as hell, but if you truly enjoy date, sure.