arrow_upward
gud time to buy a car...?
...hey guys...u have given gr8 advice la8ly & i relly appreciate it...so i thot id ask about this issue...

...basically im okay w/getting a car now but i dont relly need it...cud go either way....

..ive 2 thots....1 is if the mrkt is gud enugh or if the economy will get so bad again that ill need the money...the other1 is if i shud wait a year or 2 for electrics to get better & then buy 1 of those...i like electrics b/c theyre simpler machines...but i think battery tech is not gud enough..

[+] 1 user Likes samw34099's post
it's rough to buy a car unfortunately, same boat

[+] 1 user Likes Jack Bloke's post
same struggling college student in the US everyone one of my friend has car but I don't have hopefully I will buy this year.  It will make my life much easier since I live in Coldest region of the US. Facebook market is a good place just don't get yourself scammed from scammer make decision wisely.

[+] 1 user Likes callmevirgin's post
I wouldn't bother with electric vehicles. The range is way too low, it takes too long to charge, and electricity is still expensive. IC vehicles are the way to go.

Most of the car market sucks ass right now. It's not worth it to buy a new vehicle unless you have perfect credit and make five figures a month, or you're paying cash.

The upside is that the banks aren't able to sell very many of their repos. People can't afford them, so the banks are now officially taking losses on repo sales, just to get inventory off of their hands. If you happen to find a repo of a new vehicle, you might be able to score a deal, but that's gonna take a lot of scouting.

For now, get yourself a reliable used Japanese car, and maintain it. That's probably the best thing you can do atm, especially if money is an issue. Or, if you can find it (and you live in a large enough urban area), find a vehicle that runs on Natural Gas. They get as good of gas mileage as gasoline vehicles, fuel as fast as gasoline vehicles, and NG is WAY cheaper than gas. Volvo used to sell what they called "bi-fuel" vehicles, that had both NG and gasoline gas tanks, and the computer would automatically switch fuel tanks for you if you didn't select which fuel to use. I don't know if they still make them, but it might be worth a phone call to a Volvo dealership to see if they still make them. Otherwise, talk to their shop, and ask them which used model to go find that has the bi-fuel engine.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
...incredible advice..thx...

couple of qs....what do u think of the toyota hydrogen thing...will that go NEwhere?....

...also...where do u find repo....?

[+] 1 user Likes samw34099's post
I hope the hydrogen car does. It’s so much better and easier to maintain and better for the environment then the shit electric cars

[+] 1 user Likes Comicgeek95's post
I hope Toyota makes the hydrogen thing workable.  This is old tech that was disappeared many years ago, and now it's coming back.  It's a really good tech and far better than gasoline.

Fun fact: Kerosene is a better fuel than gasoline, and it literalliy burns clean with straight pipes and no smog equipment.  Of course, that was banned in the '20s because kerosene popularity was affecting oil/gas sales.

For repos, google "list of repos for sale".  It should bring up some repos local to your area.  It'll take a while to look through to find a deal.  I looked at a list of repos from a local credit union, and their prices were utter shit.  That explains why no one is buying from them.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
prices are supposed to drop in the fall, so wait until after summer

Traditionally
Summer season and first week of the month are the worst time to buy a car.
December and January, last 5 days of the month are the best time to buy

Why?
New models comes out around spring and the dealers are trying to clear their inventory of previous year model by the end of January.
Dealerships try to meet goals/quota's of monthly sales to maintain their perks andd incentive from the manufacturer. Towards the end of the month they have a high pressure to move inventory to meet their sales goal so they tend to be more flexible for price negotiation.

But....
The pandemic screwed everything up. Now it is the sellers market.

I would say it's a bad time to buy a car

I would say a bad time to buy car

I would say a bad time to buy car