arrow_upward
sword art online
anyone read the light novels as well as watch the anime. what's your take on the anime compared to the novels? personally i think they followed the books pretty good. especially in the later seasons.

currently have 1-10 of the light novels, read the other ones from finding them online. books are always better as they have more detail, but the anime did a pretty good job of sticking to the content and characters in the anime

[+] 2 users Like JasonAm59241315's post
love both, but books a def better

Very nice anime

I really liked the first season, I will unlikely watch anymore though.

Love that anime but i didn't read the novels

great quick anime with low response rate etc

didn't read the manga but like most people, watched the first season. Heard the third season was pretty good but no motivation to watch yet. waiting on the new 7DS to come out this year or next tho fasho

Very good anime

both are good (and yes,  I've watched and read them),  but the abridged is my goto more for anime I watch. The abridged so far cracks me up hard.

I was looking into getting onto the books. What site did you go to?

What is the biggest difference from the book to anime? I've thought of getting the books for a while

i will start thanks for the rec

Loved the first half of first season. Felt rushed. Did watch some more seasons but i think the book was much better.

Havnt read the light novels but watched the anime almost done only last season is remaining so far it is good

Really liked them

need to get back on the grind and finish this. stopped watching and following after season 1 but been hearing really good reviews on the current episodes. definitely will try and catch up At