arrow_upward
What do you think actually happens when you die?
Like ive been thinking recently, when your time comes what actually happens? ive read articles that have peoples past experiences in it and some say that they actually see a light. One guy said that he actually saw god. Also, is it true that your brain kinda gives you a highlights reel of your life once you die?

[+] 1 user Likes Incognito_lad6's post
Nothing to you. Your brain doesn't work anymore. That's all. It's no different than when a computer turns off, only your body breaks down quicker.

[+] 3 users Like Toober1's post
wait so does that mean that all of the experiences that have been reported are fake?

Which reports are you talking about? I think people's imagination and beliefs come into play about that, so having some faith can be comforting when thinking of the nothingness of death. But I agree with Toober and hope I can enjoy my time alive before needing to turn off.

[+] 2 users Like CrookedToothNarwhal's post
well they arent like official reports but ive seen a video circulating online of a male that i believe was dead for a brief amount of time or in a coma that has said that they saw god while they were out.im personally not too sure if he imagined it or not

I can say some god talked to me and told me to kill everybody...does that mean it's true? No. I might believe it because the mind likes playing tricks on us, but that's all it is.

If you want the logical and scientific explanation, nothing. We die and our life is over. Our brain shuts down and our body decomposes. Memories are a product of the brain made through essentially a ton of luck and many many years of evolution. We are no different than the tiger who dies or the dog who dies or the ant that dies. We are animals. We are a collection of an unfathomable amount of cells made of atoms put together in a miraculous way that took billions of years to design. When we die, our those cells die and those atoms break apart. Our brain is no longer working. We just cease to exist. That is all. Nothingness. No feeling or knowledge of existence. No actions. No anything. We no longer exist. Our life is over.

This is all rather gloomy though, so what many people choose to do is pick a book of fables and 1 or more unknown all-powerful imaginary friends and believe in that. It gives you an answer to these questions that isn't so...unknown...and out of our control.

Personally I'm an atheist, but I understand why we need religion. Life is full of unknowns, and religion gives us the answers. Is it real? No. Does it help some people get through to the next day? Of course.

Many people can't fathom or understand living a life with no meaning. Religion gives you that meaning, although it is just a facade. If you ask me, life is about living. Spending our time alive wisely. Being happy. Living. Once it's over, all that's left is your legacy with the people you left behind. Once your life is over, it's over. For that reason we should live in the moment.

[+] 4 users Like RealLifeFullName's post
I kinda think nothing happens when you die, but in your head you just replay your life without knowing it.

[+] 1 user Likes nicejobman!'s post
I’ve thought about this so many times lol but I don’t know i think that you just kinda die n that’s it like I don’t think you get reincarnated or go to heaven or hell I think that you just kinda die lol

That’s what I’m sayin

[+] 1 user Likes John00582182's post
I think you jus kinda die lol idk not much too it

I agree that you just stop "being". Same thing as before you were born. Endless life or conscience seems like a burden

[+] 1 user Likes Joaojoaojoao's post
Lots of stuff that we do not know.

well, you stop existing. neurons in your brain that resemble 'you' turn off forever

Nothing, you just gone. It’s the same as before you were born.

Maybe you are reborn into another life.

As above, I think when you pass it is similar to a computer turning off, and the reports of people experiencing things (ex: seeing deities, beings, places, etc.) is based on a person's own experiences and religion. Can't rely on someone else's eyes for your won experience or something like that.