arrow_upward
4k or 1440p monitor
Which resolution is better for gaming and other things. Do you prefer HDR over higher refresh rates?

[+] 3 users Like Simon Falette's post
I went with 1440p and have no complaints. Would be interested to hear from someone who bought a 4k monitor though.

Depends on budget

If you have a system that can run 4k really well then for sure go 4k

[+] 1 user Likes Nik321's post
4K is probably better

4K is very hard to run at good frame rate so if you have the money and a good enough system then go for 4k; however if you can get a 1440p 144hz (or higher) then I would "persoanlly" get that over a 4K 60fps becuase of how much I liked my 144hz monitor over my 60hz one.

4k all the way

You should take 1440p with 144hz or higher. Also you'll have hdr in the same budget.

This is what I was thinking - do 4ks with high FPS exist?

4k here mainly playing csgo and it's not bad. However, having played on a 1440p 144hz monitor, I'd say it's better for fps games. The higher refresh rate creates a completely different feel. It almost makes you feel like you're better at aiming than you are. Some older games also have lousy UI scaling meaning that some UIs are tiny at 4k resolution, so keep that in mind if you're planning to play older titles.

If you like 4k supporting games i recommed for you 4k monitor or just purchase 1440p is great

Depends on the system that you have running it

I want a 27" 4K HDMI 2.1 monitor for the launch of Xbox Series X.
Eve Spectrum looks like the best candidate so far.

4kkkkkkkkkk

It would depends on other specs as well. If the same then 4k why not

If you're gaming and playing FPS i would suggest at least 120hz. The resolution will heavily depend on your graphics card and what it can support. There's no point in getting a 4k monitor if you don't have the power to support it. It's still pretty hard to tell the difference even though you're so close to the screen.

Would go with 1440 @ 144hz personally for gaming but I mainly fps

I would always go for the 144 fps and the matching resolution  Cool

Totally depends on your budget. 1440p are fine for me.

With a smaller budget go for 1440p