arrow_upward
1440p on 24" monitor worth it?
Already have a 144hz 24" monitor, thinking of adding a new monitor for dual set up. Is 1440p on 24" worth it/noticeable? I would get 27", but then it won't match my 24" for that clean set up. Probably won't upgrade the other 24" for a while. Any thoughts?

The sharpness is noticeable, but I think it would depend a bit on your eyesight. If you don't have great vision but don't wear glasses/contacts at home, it may strain your eyes with that screen size.

Quote:

Do you think it'll be fine with Windows 10 if I use scaling?

For me 1440p is 27" and above, I'm not sure how much the differences between 1080p to 1440p are noticeable on a 24" monitor.

I have a 24” 1080p and a 27” 1440p. Honestly, even though they don’t match in size I’m glad I went with the 27”. It doesn’t look the best but 27” is just such a massive improvement for gaming that I don’t see myself going back to a 24”

I agree with the guy above, 27" is the minimum if you plan to get a resolution above 1080p

Agree. That res at that size is hard to notice.

It is better to get 27' with 4k resolution, I can tell you that it is awesome for gaming and watching movies Smile

Depends on what you´re using it... and before you buy it - let you´re eyes be checked... switched from 640x480 to 4k with my new glasses...

This is true only if you have the hardware to support it. 4K gaming = RTX 2070 at least, and 4k high refresh rate monitors are still out of reach.

Gotta agree with fcpasses. Source: I have a similar setup.

Personally, I really think 27" is the sweet spot for 1440p. I don't think it's worth doing on a 24" monitor. The 27" Dell monitor that uses the LG Nano IPS panel (I forget the model name) has only been out for 2 months and has been on sale numerous times for like $350 (around $395 after sales tax). I picked one up and I love it, but obviously YMMV.

Depends on eyesight. Would never work for me on a 24. 27 minimum

27in 1440p feels perfect for working/watching videos/gaming. I couldn't do 24in 1440p. things would be too tiny.

Yeah I think 27 would be best

[+] 1 user Likes Uber456's post
I had the Dell Dell S2417DG, Which at the time at least, was the only 24" 144hz+ 1440p monitor. But it was TN and I started to dislike that the most about it. Colours were just too poor. The resolution was very close to being too small without DPI scaling. You can use it and I did without scaling. But for sure I scrolled small text larger more often than on my now 27" 1440p IPS monitor. Not touching TN again though. IPS is now fast enough to keep up with TN. So there I see no reason at all to buy a TN expect if price is the only important factor for someone.