arrow_upward
[ASK] Former smokers, what's the one method that tricked you into stopping?
I've been struggling with this habit for years going in and out of my cig addiction. Been looking forward to succeeding with the lifestyle change but it's just so damn difficult not to come back to it. What's something you guys did that tricked you into quitting smoking cold turkey? Doesn't matter if you went through withdrawal or not.

Another addiction. Sad but it’s true.

[+] 1 user Likes Sticknurse1's post
Try keeping yourself busy to take your mind off the need to pick up a cig. If going cold turkey doesn't work then try gradually lowering the amount you smoke each day/week then when you get used to it.. go lower. Keep repeating this process

[+] 1 user Likes GoodG's post
I could use some tips on this too. I started taking a nicotine antagonist and it's killed any sort of 'rush' I get, but I still find myself smoking a couple of times a day just out of habit.

[+] 1 user Likes George Thomas Cipriani's post
Toothpicks! Always kept one in my mouth

[+] 1 user Likes Terminality's post
George Thomas Cipriani Wrote:I could use some tips on this too. I started taking a nicotine antagonist and it's killed any sort of 'rush' I get, but I still find myself smoking a couple of times a day just out of habit.

Just curious but, what's it called? And was it prescribed to you?

Gonna check if it's available in my country.

MisterNwah Wrote:
George Thomas Cipriani Wrote:I could use some tips on this too. I started taking a nicotine antagonist and it's killed any sort of 'rush' I get, but I still find myself smoking a couple of times a day just out of habit.

Just curious but, what's it called? And was it prescribed to you?

Gonna check if it's available in my country.

It's called bupropion (brand name is Wellbutrin) and yeah, it was prescribed to me.

[+] 1 user Likes George Thomas Cipriani's post
thanksssthanksssthanksssthanksssthanksss

I ended up putting on a whole heap of weight, purely due to cooking/baking to take my mind off needing a cigarette, i highly recommend it if thats your sort of thing

cold turkey

When my first child was born I stopped smoking. I didn't wanna smell like ashtray infront of him. He's six now and I haven't smoked since.

[+] 1 user Likes whiteknight's post
MisterNwah Wrote:I've been struggling with this habit for years going in and out of my cig addiction. Been looking forward to succeeding with the lifestyle change but it's just so damn difficult not to come back to it. What's something you guys did that tricked you into quitting smoking cold turkey? Doesn't matter if you went through withdrawal or not.
I ended up vaping, then lowering the nicotine level over a couple of months.

I just stopped buying cigarettes. I was never addicted after doing it off and on for 8 years. I've never really been addicted to any drug, I like just about all of them. I'm just addicted to doing drugs in general.

other than the fact that cigarettes are sold at gas stations.. how are cigarettes that addictive anyways? crack cocaine is way more fun. If crack was sold at gas stations why would anyone smoke cigarettes again

[+] 1 user Likes hooploop's post
Not a smoker or former smoker, but my boss is/was, and he told me that if I ever do smoke and want to get rid of it, make sure you don't hang out with others that smoke (can be a bit hard) and LOTS and LOTS of chewing gum, preferably the kind that are made specifically to make you stop smoking