arrow_upward
Advanced level in Java and C#. What next?
I found myself being interested in programing even though I don't major in them. My major isn't even related to it. I studied both of Java and C# via youtube educational videos and I would like to know which other programming language I should be adding to my collection.

[+] 1 user Likes MEHMEH696's post
Why not major in CSCI if you're not majoring in it?

Edit: I meant why not minor in CSCI if you're not majoring in it.

Thank you! I will check it out and give it a thorough read

Go backwards, learn ASSEMBLY.

[+] 1 user Likes thundereder9t8y's post
I agree with this. If you're not majoring in it you might as well minor in it, or just find other side projects to do if you're bored, like making a game for example.

I would suggest learning Assembly or C next. This is a very different kind of programming. It will teach you about registers and the basics of compiling code. I would recommend it to become a better programmer.

I would say go a different path, learn about cloud architectures, like AWS, Azure, etc. Understanding how something like Netflix actually works is quite fascinating and telling, eventually allowing you to look and something and see how it is likely built or should be. Also learn about design concepts for what interests you, like websites, apps, or games. They each can vary widely based on the need. Basically go deeper, not wider.