arrow_upward
Advice for C#
Hi, i started studying c# about a week ago, but i feel like i've learned nothing. I tried some exercices on the net but they all feel really hard even tho they're meant for beginners. Would it be a good way to learn to look at the answers and see the logic of the thing or is it better to actually try for like 2/3 days on the same exercise? I ask this because i don't want to use the wrong way of learning so early and maybe change my learning pattern to be more efficient.

[+] 2 users Like katomaru's post
Cant help u sery

My advice is to try write programs that are useful for something, start with something simple like manipulating text, first read file (IO simple operations) then after you have replace/reverse/etc. on that file, save it another operation.
Another example is downloading files from internet, good way to learn basics, learn about programming GET requests then POSTS, then encoding etc.

I would advice against step by step tutorials, there are plenty of examples when you just look for specific function, for example look at this it is HttpRequest Class

RE: Advice for C#.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Advice for C#.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.
, you see plenty examples at that link, compile , debug, test, add own stuff to it.

I always learned new programming language by writing simple programs that would then come up to one bigger program.

Maybe try learning C++ first

Learning C++ is not better option right now, because you need to be aware of memory allocation etc. C# is one of the better high level languages that have own GarbageCollector etc.

Don't learn c++ first it's a terrible idea. Learn some OOP alongside C#

C# is a good starting language for object oriented programming. As for waiting 2-3 days before looking at the solution might be a bit excessive, especially if you're a complete beginner. I would maybe recommend attempting something for a few hours or for one day at most, but then looking at the answers.

You should start with something simple like python if you're compleetly new to programming. Otherwise with C#, try to begin understanding how methods work, and then work your way to classes!

Try Java maybe, learn a lot of writing, but I’m still struggling with it too

ff you want to learn to code in C# a fun interactive way might be to try and create little games in Unity. there are tons of tutorials to help you

The basic course on codecademy to get started and then creating games in Unity, it's a fun way to learn

Try focusing on learning function definitions and when you're trying to write a code, try to put something together that is as simple as possible and then try to build off of that, that has really helped me out.

Well if u dont know just check answer. Finding answers is giving u tools to use later... but of course use it xd mb to do some program by yourself.

C# is boring... put your efforts towards another lang

Sweet thanks for help

You should try to learn java instead

C# Python SQL

There is no like perfect language to start with. Programmation is a skill and the language is just a tool to express yourself!
Some languages are better for specific tasks but you can pretty much do a lot of things with any language.
C# is not a bad choice, there are some mainstream programs that uses it (like Unity for game development and Xamarin for mobile).
Try to find a pet project, a very simple program to do and build on that!
Good luck Wink

i learn from youtube videos and dont do too much for a day so i can stay motivated

Dont worry it will come.

[+] 1 user Likes January123's post