arrow_upward
After being really excited 4 Cyberpunk I'm starting to have some doubts; anyone else?
I recently fanboyed all over the place discussing why I was getting excited about Cyberpunk 2077:

After being really excited 4 Cyberpunk I'm starting to have some doubts; anyone else?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on After being really excited 4 Cyberpunk I'm starting to have some doubts; anyone else?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Quote:For me, the reason I'm excited about Cyberpunk 2077 is how good CD Projekt Red did with the Witcher 3 and how its remained a very enjoyable game for years and how its graphics still don't look outdated or like its a 6-year-old game. Plus its a new setting for most of us, and the cyberpunk genre as cool as it is, is a fantasy genre I haven't been back to since 1988 and the game called Neuromancer, which was really cool with all its cyberpunk techno-future themes.

Being really into computers and all the hardware, the internet, (and some of the vices to be found online in the cyber world) and 5G etc,  it will be a really fun fantasy setting to get immersed in. Not to mention VR and how Virtual Reality was a concept that was spawned from the cyberpunk books that was just a science fiction fantasy; that a lot of us never dreamed we would live to see actually happen back in 1984. So in some ways, it's like we're living out some of the Cyberpunk reality in real-time.

I've always loved sword and sorcery books and RPGs, and futuristic outer space franchises like Mass Effect and Star Wars but this will be a whole new setting for fantasy games and there haven't been many mainstream projects that really delved into this genre. Since maybe BladeRunner or Tron although Minority Report and the Matrix etc were very cyberpunk-esque... But I like steampunk and think its a cool, fun, retro-hip, different kind of setting for games like Fable and so forth and cyberpunk takes steam-punk and flips it, using tech and concepts, that we're right on the cusp of actually having or that are the bleeding edge theoretical ideas where some of our tech can progress to in the near future.

Plus another big reason I'm pretty hyped is that this game is supposed to be one of our first full-fledged next-generation games built from the ground up around all our new and up-coming next-generation hardware and visual capabilities like ray-tracing and DLSS, 4k and HDR, etc. And Cd Projekt Re'ds not just a small company with a niche little game to fill some space on the shelves, this is a big triple AAA title that the company has invested very heavily in to feed them for the next half a decade, so if Witcher 3 was any indication of what they might be capable of, this game should be even better than Witcher 3 now that they are truly one of the big dogs as game studios go. The Witcher 3 ended up being a tv show the game became so universally beloved (which in my opinion brought a resurgence of attention to the books the game was based off). But besides gamers loving the Witcher 3 the reviews across the board gave it super high ratings where I think the consensus was generally that it was a masterpiece or at least game that you should try once in your life if you like video games. Where I still see reviewers and fans on Youtube make videos of revisiting the Witcher in 2020 or doing comparison videos with it and more recent Triple-AAA titles.

And since the Witcher 3 was the game I think where CD Projekt Red finally went from being a smaller studio hungrily on the rise to finally getting a big payday and some big money where instead of cutting corners and using programming genius tricks to stretch 15 cents into a dollar's worth of graphics or audio goodness now they actually have millions to do exactly whatever they want or need to do to make a superior game. So I know I went on forever[Image: shy.png]  but just thinking some of this through as I type and trying to coalesce some of the hype I've heard from the trailers and YouTubers into why I'm getting more and more excited for this game. Anyways hope this helps and might even get you a little more interested in the release of Cyberpunk 2077.

Now after viewing a 73 minute updated gameplay video I'm starting to feel a little disillusioned... I mean I've never been someone to hate on a game for ANY reason honestly. I even enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda and didn't particularly like all the hate it caught. I'm also admittedly getting older and maybe getting a little cynical or cantankerous, but let me start off by saying the game in my opinion still looks great and worthy of the hype that's been around it in that aspect. The voice acting sounded outstanding fitting perfectly along with the visually beautiful character models. However, the story and what I saw was tons of driving; like 65% of the entire 73 minutes was driving around going on "missions"... It was like watching a great Triple AAA studio copy and paste GTA into a "futuristic" setting. It was absolutely, unequivocally, HORRIBLE when it dawned on me that this was the game, that this was it, I felt crushed from what I was expecting from the title "Cyberpunk" and the fact that the author of Cyberpunk Mike Pondsmith and the old tabletop game was working hands-on and in close conjunction with CD Projekt Red.

The game has nothing to do with Cyberpunk in my opinion. Cyberpunk, as the name would imply, was all about computers, the web, hacking, the digital frontier, 'jacking-in" and running around the cyberverse through upgraded modems and illegal network cards, Virtual Reality, neuro-drugs that boosted brainwaves, it was close to the ideas behind this website and us as members. It wasn't about some "kool" leather jacket-wearing gangstas and shoot outs with bullets and car chases. I mean from the first massive trailer last year from E-3 or whenever they released the first demo of gameplay I thought ok, it's going to incorporate some GTA stuff that I love GTA for into the Cyberpunk world; cool. But what I saw tonight was all GTA, with nothing to do with being a cyberpunk. I mean I don't mind leather jackets or shoot outs; in GTA or Red Dead I love them actually. But when Neuromancer came out it was so futuristic and it wasn't about some muscled up pretty boy smooth/suave jock hero running around diving through firey explosions and saying some cool catchphrase and nailing hotties left and right because he was so cool. It was about a lonely nerdy scrawny anti-hero and what he could do if he got to a "terminal" and got "On-Line" and how on the "interweb" he was this beast of a hacker a "CyberPunk". The world was dystopian there weren't bars or nightclubs; the books introduced the world to smart drinks, cybercafes, and neurotropics that people of the "future" would indulge in. CyberPunk 2077 looks more like regularpunk 2015. And that's what I'm disappointed about.

If they had titled the game 2015 or 2019 even I maybe wouldn't have felt let down, but this game is supposed to be about cyber in the future at least that's what the title belies. We already have AI-enhanced cars that can drive off GPS. Intel has a whole division where Intel says they're worried less about desktop pc users as they used to be because the future of their business plan is to focus on AI in car manufacturing and self-driving cars. Intel's even weaned down their focus on home computers and even mobile devices to build new facilities to develop AI for cars since like 2014. This isn't some hokey futuristic tinfoil concept, this is something your common average joe everyman has known about or heard of since at least 2015. Why would in a sci-fi futuristic vision of 2077 you be driving around like Al Capone and those old-timey gangsters doing drive-bys in some suped-up gas guzzler. Do they love fried chicken in the "future" too do they have some new futuristic spicy recipe?

The story and setting look so dumbed down I can't believe it. It's supposed to be 2077 but it looks like the corny limited vision of some jock daydreaming back in 2005 of what the future is going to be like before there were smartphones or social media or VR etc... The Latino sidekick actually calls you "holmes" in some thick Spanish/ Mexicanish accent. It's like CD Projekt Red didn't even bother to find out that since the 1980's and the movie Colors or Boys In the Hood the very latest; Mexicans don't run around saying andale "Holmes" like Speedy Gonzalez with some funky hair cut that's supposed to be all "futuristic"...  I'm not even Latino and I was disturbed by the outdated stereotype. Number 1 problem is that the game called 2077 looks outdated or broken. Like they didn't have the brainpower or genius of the writers who are into Cyberpunk or even futuristic concepts writing the story. It seems like they wanted to be futuristic and then after scene 1 went right back to ok get in the car and let's chase and shoot at some gangsters. It's not even warmed over GTA its GTA. Without the incredible Soundtracks.

Its the most short-sighted vision of the future I've ever seen. Do you mean in 2077 they'll still be relying on vending machines and physical library buildings?! I can Uber Eats since 3 years ago and Amazon Primes been around since at least 2014. What the hell happened to the Science-Fiction and being a cyberpunk and DIGITAL information. WE ALREADY HAVE BITCOIN, or at the very least the working concept of a DIGITAL CRYPTOCURRENCY and these fuckers are running around driving around stealing cash from banks and shit!? Fucking PATHETIC! I guess in 2077 people still will like ruffles po-ta-to chips and drink Sprite. I don't call my self a futuristic visionary sci-fi author but I could have written this shit. A world where Playboy magazine is the leading gentleman's magazine and tons of guys look at them because they have naked pictures of famous celebrities; I'll call it Cyberthug 3022.

They even had a nightclub called "Afterlife" (in a nihilistic future where people are supposed to be more isolated and antisocial and absorbed by the virtual reality online than ever before) where the sidekick gets you in, past the bouncer (a regular-ole fucking bouncer) to meet the pretty bartender chick and plan a mission etc... I couldn't believe it.Sad   Anybody on this website could have come up with more "futuristic" cyberpunk concepts than this half-ass drivel. I mean just off the top of my head if I'm thinking about a science-fiction vision of the future could come up with maybe a pedestal-like product at the entrance to a club establishment that does a credit card scan, and a face scan, (that looks for facial beauty algorithms vs club occupancy/capacity); maybe an outfit scan/brand recognition and year of clothing with some brands having partnerships for higher probability entrance; all run with a simple program and data stored in the "cloud" and solidified by A. I. that could be tied into a security door like the old-time speakeasies during prohibition in the '20s and their peephole password system. It could even check for warrants or criminal history before opening the door. Sold to anyone opening a club in the future that would be a one-time payment and replace the overhead of having to pay a salary, to a doorman that could be overrun/bum-rushed and be a more high tech and classy iPhone-esque solution than a club where people have to have a minimum wage bouncer all up in their grill, especially after we know what we know about social distancing and pandemics. And in a Night city what about armed bartenders or some sort of heavily armed androids for protection instead of hiring humans that historically have always come with problems (bullying-cowardice-embezzlement); if we're talking Sci-fi and 2077. I mean if we are really talking about science-fiction the possibilities are virtually limitless especially when it comes to future tech. The words Virtual-Reality, Nerotropics and oxygen bars, etc were all just ideas/words literally thought of, or made-up by William Gibson as he wrote the original cyberpunk novel Neuromancer. The kicker is I already know that this game's gonna sell like hotcakes and if I want to try and see into the future, that people will praise it and the whole time I'll be seething, feeling like present-day 2020 is more cyberpunk than anything in this dumbass mockery of cyberpunk.

But that's just my initial thoughts tonight. Have any of you felt anything similar or does any of that rambling make an iota of sense? What are your thoughts on Cyberpunk 2077? Love it, hate it, impartial? I'd be interested to hear some of your thoughts and since I could always use the contribution points why not use the discussion forum and my peers as my sounding board. Blush

[Image: Neuromancer1988.jpg]

[Image: 955-dbs1.png]

[Image: 51ea7c85113e518428ec23faf304be9d-william...-books.jpg]

Yeah i doubted because of delay

[+] 1 user Likes Monkeypatch22's post
Nah I don't think I will have any doubts on this game, it's not being made by EA, they won't use any microtranctions and the game would be free to explore from the start.

Tbh i think it's gonna be the best game of this decade.

[+] 1 user Likes mohamed amine khadhraoui's post
I’ve got a lot of interest in it. It looks very fun and I’m hype.

It looks great to me, a lot of hype around it. Hope it can deliver.

Lol, the game not make from EA is a great argument.

been doubting for months

It's CDP we're talking about, they know how to make games. Just don't build up unreasonable expectations.

The melee gameplay looked disappointing, but they said they're going to rework the combat system a bit, so keeping my hopes up.

I agree with you in some regards. It's the 80's vision of the future that cyberpunk could only have been based on. It's not a realistic future for us and it's not meant to be. Just a fun escape. Hopefully you won't be to disappointed when it finally comes out.

[+] 1 user Likes smileyband's post
Just try to go in with so-so expectations. That way, if it doesn't meet the hype, you won't be disappointed. But if it turns out great, then it pays off. Just try to avoid all reviews and whatever until it releases. Applying the same idea for movies/tv shows/products and you'll feel much better.

[+] 1 user Likes poweroverwhelminggoods's post
nope, it looks sick and i can't wait.  1 more month!