arrow_upward
Altered Carbon
General discussion on the netflix show. 

Season 1 was great, S2, not so sure. Thoughts?

I didn’t like season 2 as much either. I feel like the return of Falconer should have been much later in the series, maybe even several seasons later. There should have been a massive build up to it, similar to the build up of the white walkers in GOT. The AC universe also isn’t as organized as I’d hoped. It feels too rushed, there could be a lot more development in it.

I tried watching but couldn't get into it, maybe i'm weird!

it was okayish i guess but worse than season 1. havent seen the movie yet

I really liked season one but haven't got around to watching the second one yet

yeah, like right off the bat she's back. But I guess the 'twist' or reveal was the elder inside her, could have been built up better (you're right, like the white walkers but that last GoT season....)

it was cool seeing an elder though.

I watched the first episode and couldn’t get into it

first season is better than second season

The show is amazing, as you said season 1 had amazing characters and it was really enjoyable to watch. But the thing is with season 1 it felt like it dragged way too long. As for season 2 it was more fast paced, but everyone was so used to the original cast that it kinda pulled them back a bit in my opinion, but the fight scenes of season 2 were CRAZY good. And finally the animated movie of Altered Carbon felt clunky in fight scenes and realism, but it was still not that bad to watch (once)

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1, but season 2 was a bit of a mess and rather boring.
Season 1 had grit and the overall mystery was intriguing.  This season felt like more like I was being led from point a to b to c, etc.