arrow_upward
Animal Crossing Hype
Only like a month and a half left, anyone else hype for it?

[+] 1 user Likes HornetLover's post
My Switch is my first Nintendo console. So as someone who have never played Animal Crossing but only knows that everybody loves Animal Crossing, I gotta ask, what's the appeal? What is it that brings everybody in? I mean I could google it but I figure why not just ask here haha.

I've never played an animal crossing game before so this will be my first. Gotta say I'm super excited though

I'll probably try it out to check what the hype is about.

What's the game about ? I saw it's a social simulator... is it like sims or something ?

Tetraval002 Wrote:What's the game about ? I saw it's a social simulator... is it like sims or something ?

Not quite like sims, you're like a neighbour to all these animal folks. You can fish, catch bugs, fulfill requests, dig up fossils, invest in new local buildings, expand your house, collect furniture and clothes, take part in seasonal events, talk to your neighbours, and do all of that in multiplayer with other people too. It's pretty chill and is played in real time.

the reason im considering getting a switch

If anyone doesn't know, you can preload on the Eshop. US at least. It's killing me that I see it every time I'm on my switch tho ugh

Hell yeah! Ac is the best!

I am not Hype for it at all, but my gf is getting it so I'm going to be getting it as well. Still not HYPED though

never understood the hype behind this game

I read a news article about the game possibly microtransactions. On the nintendo eshop page it lists "in-game purchases" by the ESRB rating. I was looking forward to it until I saw that.

Theres one out on Appstore rn.

I'm very hype. The new AC-themed Switch has me so excited. It does irk me that the game doesn't seem to be a part of the bundle, though.

What's all the hype about for this game? Never played it

diegobrandos Wrote:I'm very hype. The new AC-themed Switch has me so excited. It does irk me that the game doesn't seem to be a part of the bundle, though.

Is Animal Crossing in any way similar to Stardew Valley? I've been interested in the latter but haven't heard much about this game yet.

lwantedfapfap Wrote:
diegobrandos Wrote:I'm very hype. The new AC-themed Switch has me so excited. It does irk me that the game doesn't seem to be a part of the bundle, though.

Is Animal Crossing in any way similar to Stardew Valley? I've been interested in the latter but haven't heard much about this game yet.

It's a little similar in certain aspects. I know more Animal Crossing than Stardew Valley. In Animal Crossing, rather than maintaining a farm of some sorts, you just live in a town. The original Animal Crossing asks the player to pay off a debt after initially moving to the town. The more recent Animal Crossing: New Leaf has you become the mayor and asks you to listen to the people of the town. 

The scope of Animal Crossing I believe is a little smaller, as you can sort of die in Stardew Valley and take on things that are dangerous to the player, while the most dangerous thing in Animal Crossing I have encountered was getting stung by a bee. 

This explanation is a little scatter brained, but I hope this kind of shows the kind of games they are. Both are very chill to play, if anything.

[+] 1 user Likes diegobrandos's post
Glad to hear you’re excited about it, I’ll have to try plating on my switch

hype glad they delayed to make it right

I hope they really worked on features and depth, I got bored of animal crossing bitd because it was pretty repetitive.