arrow_upward
Animal rights
I think that we as a society use animals for our own benefit way too much and that so many animals suffer for no reason because of humans. For example the living conditions of animals in the meat and dairy industry are inhumane in my opinion. How does being smarter and having a larger scale of emotions let us abuse and use other less smart animals how ever we please? Humans are overrated.

I agree man, it genuinely is messed up. Have you made a change in your life to address this?

In Star Trek they evolved to the point they see our meat industry as being barbaric and cruel, hopefully one day we get there.

Crazy how unappreciative some humans are of the fact that could easily be their blip of consciousness trapped in a cage for their entire life only to be eaten (well, half eaten half thrown away) by a bunch of ungrateful slobs that couldn't even survive in nature on their own~

without being vegan you can do a lot to change this by simply consuming less and choosing products like grass fed or local

Yea, I eat as little meat and dairy products as possible, and when i eat meat i make sure is as ethical as it can be. I support many animal rights organisations.

Yeah I wish there were more ways to buy animal products from animals that were raised ethically. I don't think on a big scale people will stop eating meat/dairy to really hurt the industry though.

Animals need protection and rights.

Why is it okay to have dogs / cats as pets but we treat livestock so cruel? There is no difference - they are all animals.

[+] 1 user Likes greatdaysl's post
I agree that the majority of the way humans use animals is cruel. the sooner lab grown meat is cost effective the better all round.

I agree It can be messed up, however, this is the obvious evolution from hunting and gathering, we need a scaleable way of farming meat to feed the evergrowing population, I'm interested to see what the next step is though

Well, it's all a cultural problem, but the world is changing and trying to be less cruel w/ animals

@greatdaysl I love the way you think <3 and one more thing I want to add: what makes us worth more than other animals?