arrow_upward
Anime: do you skip fillers?
With longer animes (ie naruto), some people say to skip the fillers and watch only specific arcs. Do you/would you skip the fillers if its your first time watching it?

When I first got introduced to anime with fillers, thankfully I had a roommate who told me which ones to watch. I tried watching a few naruto fillers but could never get into it. That's what led me to read Mangas so I knew the cannon episodes to watch and which to avoid.

depends how much i like the anime lol

depends on the anime i would say but sometimes you know they mix it with the original content like one piece and some is really good in my opinion

It's difficult to skip fillers when you watch them week by week as they released. However short answer is No.

depends if i really appreciate the anime and its story then probably yes

It depends, if people read the manga first they probably skip the filler bcz well u already know the story and majority of filler is pretty bad. if you go anime first there's a high chance u will watch the filler. But sometimes there's a really good filler episode, personally I watch em so yeah.

i check the episode list on wikipedia and i skip them.
Most of fillers are boring

If they can be avoided, I’ll skip them.

For Naruto, hell yes. There are so many filler arcs it just makes you upset.

One Peace, I haven't skipped any arc and I'm loving Wano right now.

No because fillers may help establish character relationships even though they’re often boring

Fillers are a waste of time, that's why they're called fillers. None of them are canon so it's not even real character development

most of the time