arrow_upward
Any data science suggestions?
I'm interested in getting into data science, but don't know how/where to start.  Anyone have any information/tutorials to start with?  I have a basic coding background so not starting from nothing...Thanks!

Best way is to find something you want to create. Video game, IA, managing software, etc. When you will get a goal, any additional ressource will be obvious to find. With all the ressource they are on the web, it will be hard to telle you one and will probably not fit your need. But if you can tell what you want to do, I can give some recommendation.Hope this help.

thanks, think i'm interested in analyzing data and developing models to do predictive studies. I don't know if I have a strong enough stats background so maybe thats a starting point that I should focus on

I've heard that udacity's nanodegree is pretty good

I would definitely recommend something like Coursera, Udemy, or even just finding some college's data science courses. Lots of schools these days are making these resources publicly available.

You don't even need to get a course(though it helps).
For the last 2 years I've been working on automatic classification of movements using lstms and there is a lot of learning material both in MATLAB or C#.