arrow_upward
Any fan of Magic The Gathering out there ?
Let's say I'm talking about MTG Arena to avoid the off-toppic (but in reality not only) !

What are your favorite color(s), favorite decks, favorite playstyle, etc...? Do you like to build your own decks or are you mainly net-decking ?

I'm more of a control/combo player, not a big fan of aggro decks. If I had to choose only one color it would probably be blue (card draaaaaaaw Smile ). I'm mainly playing on MTGA, in Historic, and I try to play homemade decks as much as possible. Not a big fan of the "meta" neither.

I bet deck in arena just because I don’t wanna waste my wildcards, but anytime I net deck I modify it after.

I love playing midrange or Aggie decks, control really depends on the deck for me

It's unfortunate that Magic Duels got removed, and the purest MTG was the one made by Microprose (1997). I haven't tried Magic Arena but I worry that it might have too much flash and not enough substance, am I correct to assume that?

(27-03-2021, 02:02 AM)Maxjohnson155 Wrote: I bet deck in arena just because I don’t wanna waste my wildcards, but anytime I net deck I modify it after.

I love playing midrange or Aggie decks, control really depends on the deck for me

I love to play Midrange from time to time too, even if I have the feeling it often struggles against Control or Aggro.

(27-03-2021, 03:59 AM)kailar.drevion Wrote: It's unfortunate that Magic Duels got removed, and the purest MTG was the one made by Microprose (1997). I haven't tried Magic Arena but I worry that it might have too much flash and not enough substance, am I correct to assume that?

It's a free to play, so there's a comestic aspect to it. But you can totally ignore it and focus your resources on buying more cards. In the same time, animations on the battlefield are nice and well dosed.
On the substance side, there's a good choice of expansions to play with : every sets since the Kaladesh bloc, Jumpstart and some inclusion of cards from several sets no implemented yet (for example Ulamog, Harmless Offering, Soul Warden...).
There are also rotating drafts or special events once a week on a random format (Artisan, Pauper, Brawl, etc...). The two main format being Standard and Historic (including all the cards realeased on the game). There's a chance they'll be pushing Commander soon (or at least Historic Brawl).
Unfortunately, it takes a lot of time to get a big collection without spending money on the game. But it still cost much less to play than Paper Magic.

the old microprose shandalar is something that I still go back to, 20 years later!

[+] 1 user Likes BobbyCharles's post
[b]https://archive.org/details/MagicTheGathering2010Edition