arrow_upward
Any suggestions for a sci fi RPG?
I'm just about finished Pathfinder; King Maker and want another RPG but feel like a good Sci Fi game this time

I love RPGs with really strong character creation and choices rather than preset games

[+] 1 user Likes Spaceman22's post
Stellar Tactics

Dungeons and dragons??? The Witcher???

The Mass Effect Trilogy (maybe less so the last one) was one of the first RPGs I enjoyed playing.

I am looking to play dead space

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys should check out Shadowrun if you haven't already
The ones by Harebrained schemes are awesome

If you've never played the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Games, they are incredible. Both are really good, 2nd game is super interesting but requires a very small amount of modding to make great because it was released unfinished due to production shenanigans

sadfass Wrote:If you've never played the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Games, they are incredible. Both are really good, 2nd game is super interesting but requires a very small amount of modding to make great because it was released unfinished due to production shenanigans
Loved the first KOTOR.  How much work is involved with the second to mod it for the extra content?

qrack Wrote:
sadfass Wrote:If you've never played the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Games, they are incredible. Both are really good, 2nd game is super interesting but requires a very small amount of modding to make great because it was released unfinished due to production shenanigans
Loved the first KOTOR.  How much work is involved with the second to mod it for the extra content?
On steam it's just a matter of downloading the Restored Content Mod and dropping it in the right folder and that should be done.

sadfass Wrote:
qrack Wrote:
On steam it's just a matter of downloading the Restored Content Mod and dropping it in the right folder and that should be done.
Awesome, will try.  Thanks!

Spaceman22 Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, you guys should check out Shadowrun if you haven't already
The ones by Harebrained schemes are awesome

Especially Dragonfall. Vanilla is a bit short and simplified, Hong Kong gets kind of boring in the middle (it's the best looking one though).

qrack Wrote:

On steam you can download the mod through steam workshop, so it's super easy. And if you were into the story of the first one, the second is mind-blowing. It adds so much depth to the setting.

Btw, if you like cyberpunk, you might want to check out Gunpoint. It's a small but fun mix of RPG dialogue system and character upgrades with stealth/hacking.

You could try Hellgate 2038 (private server)

Spaceman22 Wrote:I'm just about finished Pathfinder; King Maker and want another RPG but feel like a good Sci Fi game this time

I love RPGs with really strong character creation and choices rather than preset games

Phantasy star online 2 will be coming out sometime in 2020 baring they decide to push back release date for pc and console