arrow_upward
Anyone planning on upgrading to the Nvidia RTX 3000 series cards soon as they drop?
If so will you be upgrading processors? Processor and Motherboard? Power supply unit? Have you been researching specs and what is your current graphics card? I'm currently on an Intel i7 6700k Asus Z170 Deluxe MB with a GTX 1080 FTW2 graphics card and a 750-watt Corsair PSU.

I think its time for an upgrade to be able to really enjoy CyberPunk 2077 on max settings. I'm only gaming in 1080p but CyberPunk looks like a beast generating all the crowds and NPCs and I am on a 2013 60 inch 1080p Panasonic plasma screen. I mean I think my PC runs pretty good with the older games I've been playing but it's approaching its 5-year mark, and I'm drooling over the leaks of these new cards and the speculations on their beefed up Ray Tracing capabilities and enhanced A.I. but what do you guys think?

Will you be upgrading and what are your current specs and if you're knowledgeable about graphics cards would you suggest upgrading my rig and how much upgrading within reason or under $1800 dollars would you recommend? Thanks in advance for any input... At

I have recently built a new PC but did not grab a new graphics card. Waiting on the 3000 series but I heard you will need a new power supply to use it as it has a different connector.... so fuck me

[+] 1 user Likes ohbobbyoh's post
Yep, I just heard the same exact thing. However, they did say that most power supply brands will be offering the adapters, some even for free... But congratulations on the new build!  That was really a good decision to wait on the graphics card. What do some of your other specs look like and what made you decide to pull the trigger and build this summer?

I tried to like your comment but I reached my Max for today, but I should be able to like it sometime tonight...Smile

I would probably look for deals on second hand 2000 series

[+] 1 user Likes Markus Jay's post
running a R5 2600 RX570 4GB 8GBDDR4 here. if anything, I'd be waiting for price drops from the previous gen.

I have to imagine that it will be able to run on even 1000 series cards, since most of its development periodhperiod when those were the primary cards available. I guess it depends on how much better the 3000s are than the 2000s and at what cost.