arrow_upward
Are Programming Certifications Useful?
Im thinking about doing some Certifications from AWS and Google, but im not really sure if they are worth it. Im still attending university, it it matters.

Did you do one? And how much did it help you for your Job?

Bruh.

My work keeps trying to get me certified, but I haven't bothered. I don't think it's that worthwhile TBH

i havent encountered anyone who actually got one

If your school, job, etc pays for the test, just do it, share it on LinkedIn and flex your e-peen. It isn't worth, the certification that is, but it is a "nice to have," with that said; if you learn how to do certain things while doing the certification, this will be the weight of it.

It's worth it for breaking into a new field, but I'm not sure of it's usefulness for a field you're already in

^ if you already know the stuff then it is pretty useless, but something to make your LinkedIn profile a lot more robust would be including shit like this, as useless as it may be.

thank for this sharing

if you want to take AWS, Google or another credible certificate, just take it.. even if you dont really need it, atleast you got some new knowledge when you learning that.. and i think its never useless or wasting your time, because im sure it will be useful even it takes a long time before you will really need it