arrow_upward
Are pokemon card costs made up?
Recently pokemon card unboxing became a huge thing. For collector items, price is associated with rarity. However, does anyone actually buy them at those prices? Or is it something people just keep and show off?

I think it is for investation as well.

the rarer the cards, the more expensive it will be.

so the collectors can sell it to other colllectors.

I think most are ballpark prices or prices that have been previously found online

Limied edition ones are the expensive ones

It’s always been profitable for collection but the value of pokemon cards are kinda weird, although i didnt really know there was a big card playing scene around it

Supply and demand my friend. Prices will always fluctuate, right now its prob just a hype/phase. do u want to be the person who owns a ton of expensive beanie babies that are now worthless after the phase?

Also cards pack were the OG "loot boxes", except with cards at least u got something in real life, some printed paper Smile.

lol but yeah people do buy at the high prices, i have played yugioh competitively and if u don't pay u dont win, skills can only take u so far. I've sold my fair share of $100 cards and bought my share of 70$ cards.