arrow_upward
Aren't technical coding challenges just the worst? How do you get better at them?
I have to say, technical interviews and coding challenges suck for me. None of my friends in other fields have to deal with the pure bullshit of screening Hackerranks. How do you prep for them?

Have you tried some youtube videos? they usually teach everything nowadays

Try youtube it has some stuff to teach

[+] 1 user Likes jaaunaa111's post
check live overflow on youtube

LeetCode has a collection of some of the best algorithm challenges online today. The topics they cover require knowledge of data structures such as binary trees, heaps, linked lists, and so on, which is why their challenges are a bit more advanced than some other websites. But the challenges are great if used to prepare for a software engineering interview.

They also have a Mock Interview section that is specifically for job interview preparation. They also host their own coding contests, and they have a great discussion board where people talk about interview questions, jobs, compensation, and other topics related to engineering.

I suggest mastering your fundamentals first. Often times for coding challenges they rely on knowing how to traverse a tree (DFS, BFS etc.), how to find an element in a list in linear time, or something related to traversing the general data structure. So when you have your fundamental algorithms down for each data structure (I.E inserting into a tree, traversing a tree, storing a Hash Table while traversing a list etc.) you can build off your fundamentals by doing practice problems on leetcode. Eventually with enough practice you'll start to get better and see the patterns.

It's a really hard process - so keep your chin up. Staying positive and persevering will help you get through it.

Depending on if you're american or english, there's sites like glassdoor where you can actually get info on some of the technical assessments by other applicants and employers.

Feels kind of cheaty but it's entirely up to you, if you're coding isn't up to snuff then you'll be fucked either way (like me in a lot of these assessments).

Cracking The Coding Interview was a good starting point for technical interviews. I think coding challenges are actually kind of fun outside of technical interview situations

Im running through leet code alot and watching the explanation videos and theyre a godsend tbh. Basic understanding of algorithms is paramount in CS problem solving. Its like 75% data manipulation

It is a way to filter out candidate. What would you do if your company say google has 1,000 candidate for one position? How many candidates you should give them phone interview and in person interview? After the interview, you write your evaluation and get back to work...

Generally agree with other comments like look at youtube or talk to others